Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Operations
Job Description & Summary
Dedicated support point of contact for all Human Capital issues in the offices or SSC. Proactively identify issues and ensure HC service delivery directly or indirectly through the relevant HR contact.
- Work towards achieving the goals of the People Team Function within budget
- Act as a reference for enquiries about HR Administration policies & procedures for all employees, and escalating issues or enquiries not served in current policies to specialised teams
- Liaise with the central HR team in effective implementation of all HR systems and procedures
- Perform general HR activities including processing payroll.
- Work towards being a high quality internal service provider and to ensure that all HR business support requirements on the ground
- Support implementation of HR policies for the offices
- Report HR activities and data on a regular basis, including benefits information, census data, and loss ratio information to support in decision making
- Assist whenever needed, the Recruitment and career development managers by securing logistics required for training, On boarding, recruitment
- Coordinate with relevant HR contacts to ensure timely and effective HR service delivery
- Suggest improvements to processes
Learning & Growth
- Support improvements in the HC Operating model, specifically the increased delivery of standardised services. Look for areas of continuous improvement across the HC Operations function
- Promote collaboration, trust and improvement between team members and across the People Team
- Work on specific projects related to HR initiatives as assigned
- Demonstrate a culture of continuous learning within the HC Operations and Employee Relations team and benchmark against best practices in the HR industry and country specific
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience in an HR function
- Previous HR generalist experience with understanding of the entire employee lifecycle, including recruitment, performance management, talent development, employee relations and compensation and benefits
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of labor laws is preferred
- Knowledge of HR best practices and processes is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team building and relationship building capabilities
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.