Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You'll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC's strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
This role will manage the overall delivery of managed cloud services for PwC internal customers. In this role, you will be working in collaboration with a wide range of customer teams to onboard cloud services. You will act as the liaison between the end customer and managed cloud services technical staff and management. This is a fast-paced, highly-collaborative role where you will be interacting with a variety of internal teams to support our customers. In addition
to the management of services, you will be leading the change in culture and practice of the teams to embrace Agile and Continuous Delivery practices.
You will be providing thought leadership to develop and implement a new operating model for the services moving to the cloud. You will lead the delivery teams in embracing the digital transformation and enabling PwC to foster a more collaborative and agile way of working both internally and with the service providers.
- You will manage the services delivered as they are migrated to Azure.
- As a key stakeholder in the program, you will work closely with the teams implementing the program, providing service input, but also coaching in their move to Agile practices.
- As a leader in the team, you will define new operating models and processes.
- Working in a team, you will help identify and then implement the necessary structures, roles & responsibilities required within the teams.
- Your role will define the cloud centric measures and performance metrics which will track the effectiveness of the services we deliver to our customers
- You will work with our operational teams across the IT organization to get the best out of our range of skills.
- As an agent for change, you will positively influence the culture of the teams, helping them embrace new technologies and ways of working.
You have experience in the following areas:
- Working in a customer facing in a service based role
- Leading teams delivering services migrating to and based on the Cloud
- Good technical understanding and ability to keep up to date with rapidly changing market trends
- Track record in managing P&Ls and financial forecasting
- Producing great documentation including target operating models, service designs, service descriptions, processes & procedures
- Experience of managing DevOps teams and of Continuous Delivery
- Use of the SAFe Agile framework
- Cloud Architecture
- Technical Program or Project Management experience.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues.
- This role will require the creation of content such as presentations, project plans and other written deliverables.
- Track record of ramping up quickly in an evolving and challenging role.
- Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity.
- Experience managing multi-tier application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
- Experience with Azure service offerings.
- Experience in Service Level Reviews, Reporting and Management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast- moving environment.
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience.
- Certifications in AWS, Azure and GCP
- Fluency in spoken and written English; Arabic is an advantage
- 6+ years of experience working in a customer facing service delivery/technical account management role with a high level of accountability.
- 6+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role (design/implementation/ consulting) at a cloud services provider, managed services provider or managed hosting provider.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.