Job description / Role
Are you passionate about helping people solve IT problems? Love being a part of an exciting and innovative environment? Join Amazon Global IT Support! We’re looking for people who strive to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
Amazon, is seeking bright, adaptable, and hardworking applicants to work at our corporate location in Amman, Jordan. IT Support Engineers work with Amazon teams to provide and support the IT equipment and services they need. We treat Amazon employees as our customers and provide timely, accurate, and professional support. A successful IT Support Engineer excels in a fast-paced, team environment and possesses excellent communication skills. They have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
Regular activities include:
- Windows/Mac/Linux OS deployment and support
- User hardware/software/peripheral support
- LAN troubleshooting and support
- Systems administration
- Hardware procurement and asset management
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Mentoring and handling escalations from junior technicians
- 4+ years hands-on IT Support experience.
- 2+ years experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7/10
- Experience supporting Macintosh OS 10.10 or later
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- May require lifting or carrying desktop computers up to 25 lbs
- Some on call responsibilities are required
- Some exposure with Linux or Unix
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Industry training such as Microsoft MCSE, MCITP
- Experience with Cisco IOS (CLI) or Cisco certification
- Linux systems administration skills / certification
- Experience with scripting, programming, or SQL
- Experience with project management
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Experience with server administration (Windows or Linux)
- Experience with Audio/Visual or video conferencing support
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.