Job description / Role
Amazon is an E-commerce and Cloud Computing company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our sellers and vendors (selling partners). World-class retail brands and individual sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. To meet our selling partners’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
Product Assurance, Risk & Security (PARS) organization exists to keep our customers and partners safe, protect associates, ensure WW compliance, and enhance our brand through environmentally and socially sustainable operations. The Compliance Operations Team (C-Ops) is the operational arm of the PARS. C-Ops performs classification actions for Restricted Product Compliance (RPC), Dangerous Goods (DG), Trade Compliance (TC), and Direct Import Product Compliance (DIPC) programs. C-Ops also supports the sustainability initiatives related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX), Electronic Handling Fee, Product Safety review and Product Recall for the Product Safety program. C-Ops is a global team with offices across India, China, Poland, Romania, Netherlands, Jordan, Costa Rica and supports compliance related needs for all Amazon marketplaces and internal customers.
Compliance Operation group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon is compliant in the online retail space. The team’s primary role is to directly serve our customers by ensuring that only compliance with local import/export regulations across multiple countries globally. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on shipment of the product and catalog selection.
We are hiring Operations managers for Compliance Operations team in Amman. We are looking for a strong leader to drive compliance initiatives. You will manage a team of specialists/associates working on trade regulations to classify products according to the country specific customs regulations and trade requirements. You will work directly with program teams, Retail teams, Legal, and a variety of global internal businesses and outside vendors to drive import/export compliance, contributing to Amazon’s successful adherence with worldwide import and export customs requirements.
The position is responsible for supporting Amazon’s worldwide compliance program primarily focusing on Middle East regulatory requirements. By supporting compliance approaches while creating innovative solutions that move at internet speed. We are looking for a talented Trade Compliance Manager who has direct experience with global customs regulations, supply chains and executing compliance strategies in a fast paced environment.
Roles and Responsibility:
• You will be responsible for multiple operations teams supporting multiple categories that populates/ procures content for the Amazon Catalog.
• Duties may include amongst peers, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of classification done, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high, mentor and train new team members.
• Manage specialists / associates in driving Operational goals for respective business functions measured under Cycle Time/ Productivity/Quality/ Cost metrics
• Front line people manager, Make right hiring decisions, continuously develop team, Set goals and holds team members accountable for performance.
• Drive process improvements and enforce quality processes.
• Work with various Amazon teams/internal technology teams to execute automation opportunities and leverage technologies.
Key Performance Areas:
• People Management (leadership role, team management & development, floor control and retention)
• Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the team.
• Metrics Management (Executes and makes plans to deliver business metrics)
• Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver training to the team.
• Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution.
• Owns weekly/monthly metrics and process reviews with internal and external stakeholders.
• Participates and provides adequate support in business reviews with mid-level and senior stakeholders
• 4+ years of operations management experience, managing managers and Individual contributors
• Directly managed 2+ managers or 30+ people organization.
• HTS classification, strong knowledge in Import & Export regulations, trade compliance processes and the interplay with global supply chains
• Flawless command of both Arabic & English Language, written and verbal.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and other office applications
• Ability to attend custom work hours as required, meetings with colleagues from different time zones, handle promptly work related emergency when they occur, that can include customized weekends or work different shifts rotation.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Fluent in a third Language
Experience in one or more of the following:
• Ecommerce or Retail industry
• Middle East Customs Requirements
• Trade agreements (FTA), Country of origin (COO) and customs clearance knowledge
• ECCN Classification
• Regulatory compliance management with government agencies.
• Leveraging technology to drive process improvements.
• Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement tools.
• Tableau & SQL
• Tech, electronics, consumer goods, or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.