Job description / Role
Who You Are
· You are a sharp, experienced software quality engineer with strong problem-solving skills, a solid software testing foundation.
· You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic tester who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
· You will design, plan, execute and automate tests for software across a variety of n-tier architectures and cutting-edge technologies.
Who We Are
The Souq Integration Team is building a team to help expand Amazon's footprint in Jordan. Our QA/SDET team will play a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build and execute a streamlined QA process for the new business initiative. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that is responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up.
At a strategic level, our QA team will help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. The QA team will also drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc to reduce the overall QA effort for the product. The goal of our QA team is to build a comprehensive test suite that will be utilized to validate the solution in a scalable and repeatable manner. The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests.
· Create and document test plans for end to end user scenarios
· Deploy services through test and production stages
· Execute periodic manual and automated test cases
· Investigate and reproduce bugs and drive fixes through test and production stages?
· Develop manual and automated UI tests
· Implement test runner scripts in Perl or Shell
· Prepare datasets in test and production databases
· Improve end to end testing of legacy services
· Identify and debug test automation failures
· Coordinate testing across disciplines and teams
· Bachelor's in CS or related field +2 years of experience or Master's and 2 years of experience in software quality assurance
· Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
· Proven familiarity with automation testing tools
· Excellent QA aptitude and ability to drive process improvements
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Ability to write test plans and test strategy documents
· Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
· Can juggle testing of multiple releases with multiple dependencies
· Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment utilizing virtual machines
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
· Experience with open source tools and resources
· Creativity and the initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Responsible for creation/modification of appropriate test tools that can be used for data verification.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.