Job description / Role
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world.
Our structured career framework means you'll continue to develop, whatever level you're at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you'll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
You will help our clients evaluate and enhance their business. You will be part of our account centric growth strategy focusing on issue-based and competency-driven client needs. That's what differentiates EY in the advisory marketplace.'
In Risk Assurance, you'll build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of business by focusing on high impact opportunities. You'll lead presentations and proposals for moderately complex projects - or elements of highly complex projects - and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals.
- You'll lead client engagement, manage teams and support senior managers and directors to deliver projects.
- Further, you'll also be actively contributing to improve the operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently drive projects to completion and ensure a high quality work delivery. Under guidance you'll lead teams - or parts of teams - on engagements, where you'll maintain a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- As a highly motivated professional and a good communicator, you may be required to convey technical content in business language with senior management.
- You'll also need to be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career, but recognizes the value in developing others and strengthening the team.
- Therefore, as an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
This position will require 30-40% travel across our MENA regional practice.
In your role as a Risk Assurance Senior you'll be responsible for:
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Consistently deliver quality client services and manage expectations of client service delivery.
- Manage the engagement economics and highlight any concerns/issues, fees, and estimates-to-complete to EY executive management.
- Drive high-quality work products within expected time frames and on budget.
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships and networks with clients and internal EY stakeholders.
- Assist in generating new business opportunities from established client networks & relationships
- Contributing to business pursuits by developing proposals, marketing material etc.
Skills and attributes for success
A broad background across IT functions such as cyber security, IT transformation programs, IT Audit and compliance is expected with specific experience in 1 or more of the following areas essentially:
- Digital Technologies and their application in Mobile, Cloud, Social media, Analytics, Big Data, and/or Internet of Things
- Design, Implementation and Assessment of cybersecurity strategies and/or solutions
- IT/IS governance, compliance and audit experience preferably with large complex organizations
- IT and Security transformation programs - design and management of solutions implementations and / or remediation programs to address risks
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, preferably with clients implementing these solutions
- Industry sectors - Government, Technology & Media, Consumer, Retail, Industrial Products and/or Power & Utilities
Experience & Qualifications
We're looking for people with the following qualifications and technical background:
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, MS, CIS or a related field. A Master's degree will be preferable.
- Must have 5 years' of experience as a Risk Advisory Consultant preferably from Big-4s; or at least 5 years of relevant consulting experience in industry preferably in a professional services environment.
- Preferably in-depth experience in one or more the following: Digital Strategy, Digital transformation, Cryptography, Cryptocurrency, System Architecture Design, Software Engineering, Project Management, Cloud Security & Architecture Assessment, Web services, Content management, Business analysis, Agile, MicroServices, Web services, Robotics Process Automation.
- Candidates who possess professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and / or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Previous professional services sales experience & credentials will be an advantage.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance . We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region