Job description / Role
About PayFort, an Amazon Company:
We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily. We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally. PayFort is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PayFort is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
As an Senior Manager, Software Development, you will:
• Contribute to the vision, goals, and technical strategy in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
• Lead the team in building a best-in-class technology systems.
• Oversee an exceptional group of managers and engineers with a strong team-oriented culture.
• Interface with our product team to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
• Manage Agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
• Help develop long-term business technology strategies by working closely with the product leaders
• Provide technical leadership in driving the design and implementation of payment processing systems and applications
• Attract, excite and retain a team of best-in-class managers and engineers.
• Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching.
• Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
• Possess expert knowledge in engineering best practices
• Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of software development manager experience
• Excellent problem solving abilities and object-oriented design skills
• Fluency and experience in object-oriented programming languages, like Java, C++, or C#
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
• Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• The ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years' professional experience in software development
• Experience with data mining, machine learning or predictive modeling systems
• Experience building and operating mission critical, highly scalable distributed systems
• Prior knowledge of payment processing, network security or anti-fraud systems
• Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.