Job description / Role
Come join Amazon's "Emerging Countries Customer Fulfillment" org (ECCF), at Amazon's development center in Amman, Jordan. We are searching for a smart, energetic, curious, and self-disciplined Software Development Engineer to define and deliver our efforts for our current and future Customers.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer centric company, ECCF "Emerging Countries Customer Fulfillment" focuses on the new markets where Amazon have a potential to invest and scale the customer base. As these are small and nascent operations, the challenges and opportunities are different compared to mature countries. Here the technology has an important role to play in creating differentiated experiences for customers in those regions. As a new market and with evolving customer expectations there are opportunities to invent on behalf of the customers and export those models to more established geographies. The team will focus on creating a deep partnerships with WW technology teams and works on projects on a new set of innovative features which will add great value to those countries.
We look for experienced software engineering leaders who possess a wide variety of skills. As the successful applicant for this role, you will solve varied complex problems across Amazon (including business prioritization, technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms), you will drive multiple programs in parallel, you will work with business stakeholders and partner technical teams across MENA, India, Brazil, and the USA, and you will support the growth and development of a high-performing software engineering team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD) best practices and principles.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving, distributed systems, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Self-directed an capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Strong problem solving, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience developing RESTful web services and complex software systems that have been successfully delivered.
- Experience working with cloud architecture, web services, and web sites
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces, data stores, cloud technologies, and back-end systems.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- You are the type of person that quickly wins the respect of peers, and jumps at the chance to share knowledge and mentor.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.