Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world and it's an Amazon Company. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers to be based in Amman, Jordan with 2+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. They will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of Amazon International Expansion Business. and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems. They will:
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
· Write high quality distributed system software
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
· 1+ years of programming experience with progressive development responsibilities in Java.
· Agile development, daily scrum, taking ownership of both production issues and new features.
· Solid technical understanding and API documentation are essential for cross-team development.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Good English written / verbal communication skills, bilingual Preferred.
· Self-motivated, thrives working in a small team.
· Focused and professional attitude.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Computer Science or related field.
· Hands-on experience on Apache Ofbiz.
· Java ecosystem for daily development: Spring/Spring Boot, Apache,Ant/Maven/Gradle, Tomcat/Jetty/TomEE, Jenkins.
· Real world experience with SQL data stores for java applications, Java ORM tools like Hibernate/JPA. Production MySQL is a plus.
· RESTful API specification, implementation, JSON and solid documentation will be a plus (or SOAP webservice experience with leanings towards REST).
· AWS services such as S3, SQS, and Kinesis
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.