Job description / Role
Come join Amazon's "Emerging Countries Customer Fulfillment" org (ECCF), at Amazon’s development center in Amman, Jordan. We are searching for a smart, energetic, curious, and self-disciplined Software Development Engineer to define and deliver our efforts for our current and future Customers.
Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer centric company, ECCF "Emerging Countries Customer Fulfillment" focuses on the new markets where Amazon have a potential to invest and scale the customer base. As these are small and nascent operations, the challenges and opportunities are different compared to mature countries. Here the technology has an important role to play in creating differentiated experiences for customers in those regions. As a new market and with evolving customer expectations there are opportunities to invent on behalf of the customers and export those models to more established geographies. The team will focus on creating a deep partnerships with WW technology teams and works on projects on a new set of innovative features which will add great value to those countries.
We look for experienced software engineering leaders who possess a wide variety of skills. As the successful applicant for this role, you will solve varied complex problems across Amazon (including business prioritization, technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms), you will drive multiple programs in parallel, you will work with business stakeholders and partner technical teams across MENA, India, Brazil, and the USA, and you will support the growth and development of a high-performing software engineering team.
· 1+ years of programming experience with progressive development responsibilities in Java.
· Agile development, daily scrum, taking ownership of both production issues and new features.
· Solid technical understanding and API documentation are essential for cross-team development.
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Good English written / verbal communication skills, bilingual Preferred.
· Self-motivated, thrives working in a small team.
· Focused and professional attitude.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Computer Science or related field.
· Hands-on experience on Apache Ofbiz.
· Java ecosystem for daily development: Spring/Spring Boot, Apache,Ant/Maven/Gradle, Tomcat/Jetty/TomEE, Jenkins.
· Real world experience with SQL data stores for java applications, Java ORM tools like Hibernate/JPA. Production MySQL is a plus.
· RESTful API specification, implementation, JSON and solid documentation will be a plus (or SOAP webservice experience with leanings towards REST).
· AWS services such as S3, SQS, and Kinesis
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.