Job description / Role
As new markets open up and technology advances at a dramatic pace, the world of supply chain and operations is becoming increasingly complex. At the same time, clients understand just how vital effective, sustainable operational management is to their global success. As a supply chain and operations professional, you'll use your analytical insight to drive our clients' global business performance. Working as part of a high-performing team, you'll deliver exceptional client service and help leading organizations improve their planning, design, procurement, sourcing, manufacturing, fulfillment, operations and services processes
Your key responsibilities
- Drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Knowledge in Supply Chain, Sourcing & Procurement
- 1 to 2 years of consulting experience
- Must be a fluent Arabic speaker
- Familiar with the overall supply chain SCOR model
- Must have performance improvement experience
- Proficient in using data analytics and familiar with various SC&O analytics
- Outstanding academic record including a bachelor's degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience
- Good entrepreneurial flare and the ability to identify business opportunities and cross sell different services and/or products
- Excellent communications skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrate at least one supply chain management core domain knowledge/experience, including but not limited to supply chain management planning, inventory management, manufacturing and procurement;
Ideally, you'll also have
- Familiarity with leading supply chain solutions and ERP systems
- A professional designation (e.g. SCMP, CPSM) is an asset
- Willingness to travel across the region
- Lean six sigma green/black belt
- Engineering educational background
What we look for
We're interested in professionals with a deep understanding in multiple supply chain areas. You'll need to be comfortable handling several responsibilities at once, often with shifting priorities. It's a highly collaborative environment, where you'll be building and maintaining relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels - so you'll also need to be genuinely engaging, with interests and contacts in communities outside of your work life.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.