Job description / Role
First few months in Dubai, then relocation to worksite in Kenya.
The role is responsible to create the various combinations of mud that will be used during the different stages of the drilling process. They also might have additional responsibilities, including recommending drill bits and assisting excavating technicians in the overall safety of the drilling process.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
- Measures and maintains drilling fluid composition.
- Supervises drilling fluid application.
- Performs regular tests of fluid composition.
- Maintains inventory and customer well sites.
- Communicates drilling progress to rig-site customers and coordinators.
- Creates and implements solutions to drilling-related problems.
- Makes field and sales calls as necessary to maintaining open communication.
- Assists sales representatives in making sales calls.
- Supports aid operators in providing effectual customer service.
- Ensures environmental safety of drilling fluid.
The present Job Description is not restricted and may be amended by the company as and when the need occurs
- Expertise: Land Rigs
- Experience: 7 - 10 Years. Preference for work experience in Africa.
- Education: Candidates must be qualified to degree level in Chemical Engineering or other closely related subject
- Certification: All onshore certificates require to be up to date.
About the Company
Essel Group Middle East (EGME) is the extension of the Essel Group into new territory. A multi-national business headquartered in Dubai, Essel Group ME oversees the business interests of the Essel Group in the Middle East and Africa. The primary focus of the group is the mining of minerals, exploration of oils and hydrocarbons and the acquisition of natural resource assets.
With assets and operations in Kenya, Liberia, Chad, Ghana, Eritrea and so on, Essel Group ME’s oil, potash and iron mining businesses have proved to be financially sound investments. Plans for expansion are underway and this footprint will soon extend further across Africa.
Not content with its success in these areas, the group’s interests have since expanded into the areas of trading, international logistics, food security and relief and education and learning.