Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
The Procurement Officer is to manage the procurement of goods and services within a given region of Africa and will coordinate closely with the Logistics Coordinator and International Procurement Officer to ensure all logistical requirements are met for their assigned project site(s). Initially based in Mali, this position may be moved to other locations depending on needs of the company.
• Liaise and collaborate with internal and external parties in order to ensure that CADG Project logistic requirements are met; including regional acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery and final disposal of resources.
• Develop and maintain positive business relationships with regional vendors to ensure customer requirements are met, take advantage of sales opportunities, and minimize overall costs.
• Liaise, negotiate, and coordinate with suppliers on delivery and payment terms
• Provide project management services, including inventory control, local and regional price listings and appropriate supply chain management.
• Support the Logistics Coordinator in managing the movement of goods to project sites in order to maximize value and minimize costs.
• Develop and implement local Logistic Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Provide timely logistical related reports to CADG Management and associated staff on a routine basis to include cost analysis, supply budgets / logistics Expenses, delivery time estimation and supplier evaluations.
• Train, mentor, and supervise subordinate local staff in the performance of their duties
• Ensure the proper invoicing and reconciliations of all payments made to suppliers
• Perform all other related tasks as may be assigned by CADG Management
Knowledge and Experience
• Degree/Diploma Holder in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Procurement or as a purchasing officer / agent required
• Proactive and able to work independently in a highly entrepreneurial and multi-cultural environment
• Proven ability to support logistical requirements across multiple projects sites
• Strong leadership, team building, and negotiating capabilities preferred
• Professional proficiency in English; both written and verbal. Business level French is advantageous.
• Previous experience of working in West or Central Africa preferred
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.