Job description / Role
• Responsible for the construction and maintenance of the camp.
• Liaise with the client and CADG Management to ensure the project stays on schedule and all client requirements are met.
• Direct Liaison with Local and Singapore Finance Staff as well as all local Suppliers to ensure project stays on budget
• Responsible for the maintenance and overall health and safety of the work location and assigned contractors.
• Evaluate, organize, and prioritize all work related activity in accordance to the project schedule
• Responsible for the performance management of all sub-contractors assigned to the project.
• Preparation and timely submission of all reporting requirements given by the client or CADG management to include project status reports, manpower reports, HSE inspection reports, and accident/incident analysis reports
• Oversee and coordinate the ordering and delivery of all required materials and equipment.
• Ensure proper and timely financial and resource forecasting is conducted in order to keep the project on schedule
• Ensure all company policies and local regulations are adhered to
• Take an active role in construction & operation HSE management and ensure compliance with local and client required safety, health and environmental regulations
• Responsible for the promotion and planning of HSE awareness within the organization.
Knowledge and Experience
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction / building related discipline
• 8+ years’ experience in an Operations Management in construction.
• Must possess sound knowledge of civil construction, earthworks, concrete and utilities.
• Working knowledge of the environment throughout Sub-Saharan Africa
• In-depth technical knowledge of reading drawings and interpreting details
• Strong leadership and team building capabilities
• Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial and continuously changing corporate culture
• Professional proficiency in English, written and verbal communication
• Must be able to work independently or with limited supervision
• There may be a need to travel to other locations, and visit different CADG construction sites in country to relieve, replace, as and when needed.
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.