Job description / Role
Airfield Operations Specialist Shift Lead / Training Manager is responsible maintaining situational awareness of airfield activities and overall responsibility for Airfield Management Operations (AMOPS) section while on duty in order to provide a safe, efficient, and effective airfield environment for aircraft operations.
- Performs airfield inspections and checks for safety and compliance with planning and design criteria.
- Plans, organizes, and directs airfield activities to include but not limited to airfield construction/repairs, airfield driving program, ice/snow removal operations, and Bird/Wildlife control.
- Procures, maintains, and produces information on safe operation of aircraft through the national and international airspace system such as Flight Information Publications, aeronautical charts and maps, NOTAM, local airfield and navigational aid status and weather information.
- Process domestic and international flight plans.
- Coordinates with bases agencies to meet aircrew requirements for billeting, messing, refueling, transportation, and transient aircraft maintenance.
- Regularly monitor and inspect operational condition of runways, taxiways, navigational and meteorological aids Coordinate with Operations and Maintenance Manager to ensure all facilities of airfield remain in operational conditions.
- Determine operational restrictions or hazards to flight and communication facility and advise airfield management; ensure implementation of Bird/Wildlife Aircraft Strike Hazard (BASH) program.
- Identify flight safety issues including violations of airfield clearing criteria and hazards to arriving, departing, and parked aircraft; assess damage to airfield property; and monitor necessary actions to repair and reopen airfield facilities.
- Coordinate with military, federal, international, and local agencies concerning flight planning, training route utilization, flight movement messages, search/ rescue operations, and base contingency/operational plans.
- Advise military and civilian agencies on closure of runways, taxiways, aircraft parking aprons/spots, airfield repairs/construction, and availability of airfield lighting/navigational aid systems.
- Coordinate with airfield management regarding emergency situations on airfield.
- Coordinate with base agencies to ensure proper support to all base, transient VIP aircraft, passengers, and crews.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, instructions, and directives pertaining to airfield planning and design criteria, aircraft operations, and airfield management
- Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Skill in analyzing, planning, and adjusting work operations to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources, effective oral and written communication skills.
- Graduate of an approved DoD/Airfield Managers course or equivalent.
- Four (4) years of experience in airfield operations of similar scope and level of responsibility; to include the following: coordination between air-traffic control and maintaining personnel, dispatching, implementing airfield safety procedures; monitoring and maintaining flight records, and applying knowledge of weather information. Managing wildlife on and around airfield grounds. Implementing bird aircraft strike hazard procedures.
- Coordinating airfield maintenance and construction projects. Coordinating hazardous cargo and live fire devices.
- Experience as aircrew/dispatcher/flight follower with a 14 CFR Part 121 or 14 CFR Part 135 operator.
- Experience conducting airfield inspections in accordance with AFI 13-204v3 is required.
- Experience operating IAW AF113-204V1 Ch. 7.
- Must be able to maintain a US Secret Security Clearance. NOTE: US Citizenship is required to obtain/maintain US Secret Security Clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.