Job description / Role
API Platform Engineer – Kuwait
This role is a member of the Banks Enterprise Integration Team and expected to be hands-on to manage the API Gateway Service. Collaborate closely with Product Owners and cross-functional Development and Business Teams to Design High-Quality Integration Solutions that are Extensible, Reusable, and Secure. Develop Solutions using that adhere to Industry Best Practices in areas such as Design, Performance, Flexibility, User Experience, and Scalability while also ensuring the Solution Code-base is clean and well-documented.
- Develop the API Services by following Industry Grade Design Principles Document Technical Design, Interface Specifications and Unit Testing
- Should be instrumental in helping move to an API driven Microservices Paradigm and API Lifecycle Management capability
- Conduct hands-on Programming, independently, with minimal guidance in support of multiple efforts as required in the division
- Develop Proof of Concepts and Proposing Solutions to Architecture and Tech Leads
- Collaborate with Developers across various Projects to Develop and build consensus on common Re-usable Application Programming Interface Components
- Contribute to API Management, Security, Analytics and Continuous Integration & Delivery Enhancements as part of Banks Enterprise Integration Team
- Develop and Manage the Enterprise Integration Interface among Various Applications to Oracle Enterprise Service Bus and CA API Management Platform
- Collaborate with API Management Lead and infrastructure Leads to build a Technical Roadmap for the API Platform, building out the Capabilities and Business Value while maintaining Up-To-Date Versions and Technical Components.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Certified professional on CA API Management Platform are preferred for this role
- 4+ years of experience in information Technology building Enterprise-Scale Internet / Customer Facing Systems
- 3+ years of experience building Internet Scale Web Services / API Platforms from the ground up
- Experience working in Applications, Systems or IT Operations
- Requires hands on knowledge on managing the CA API Management Platform, Enterprise Service Bus with Java Technology knowledge
- Comfort with frequent, incremental Code, and Testing
- Brings a high-energy to the job and can influence those around them
- Excellent Troubleshooting and Problem Solving skills
If interested, please forward updated CV's in word format for review. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 3-5 working days.
About the Company
Global Bankers Search & Selection Ltd provides specialist recruitment services to Clients in the Banking and Financial Services sector. We work with a diverse range of Organisations and have an excellent track-record of identifying and attracting high-calibre, mid senior executive level Candidates based globally for Permanent, Interim and Contract positions. We also offer a comprehensive, bespoke Search and Selection and Mapping Service.
Our Consultants are experienced professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, so they fully understand the kinds of challenges you face. Our searches span the UK / GCC / MENA / Far East / Asia Pacific Regions. Our network of contacts includes talented professionals within, but not limited to, the following specialisms:
Finance & Accounting Investment Banking / Investment Management Retail Banking Islamic Banking Corporate & Commercial Banking Private Banking & Wealth Management Treasury IT into Finance HR into Banking & Finance Mortgage & Secured Loans Brokerages Lenders & Packagers