Job description / Role
The Area Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring proper financial control, developing, maintaining and enhancing the countries budgeting, financial planning, and control.
He/ she is responsible of managing two and more countries.
- Lead and manage the local accounting departments within the assigned area of countries.
- Liaise with the shared services center Head of Accounting to achieve the group set deadlines for monthly financial statement closing.
- Managing area balance sheets and cash flows to ensure financing and liquidity needs are met; recommend action to be taken regarding dividends.
- Review and monitor hedging activities as communicated by the Group Treasurer on a daily/weekly basis; update and maintain currency needs by monitoring the Purchaser Orders placed by the Brand/ Shop Managers, and cover outstanding currency exposure, if any.
- Coordinate with the regional treasury team in the management of banking relationships.
- Oversee the preparation of area financial statements to ensure that they are accurate and in compliance with the group accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Oversee the financial implementation of JD Edwards ERP in Group new countries and the financial automation of the ERP in Group existing countries, as well as follow-up on its technical enhancement.
- Ensure the area's compliance with all necessary tax regulations (tax filings and payments) and laws affecting the business and consult with tax advisors and group compliance to ensure.
- Attend all types of regulatory inspections related to finance and surrender to the inspectors the required supporting documents and justifications after consulting the tax advisors and group compliance.
- Address all external and internal Audit requirements.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with emphasis on Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA is a plus.
- 7 years of local financial/ accounting experience , or 3-4 of related multinational experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.