This position is closed or expired.
See other Design jobs
Alshaya is delighted to have the opportunity to introduce Williams-Sonoma, Inc. portfolio of brands to the Middle East. William-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of high quality products for the home throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Pottery Barn Established in 1949 in New York City, USA and acquired by Williams-Sonoma, Inc. in 1986, Pottery Barn is a premier home furnishings retailer in North America. The brand was founded on the idea that home furnishings should be exceptional in comfort, quality, style and value. Pottery Barn's in-house design team draws their inspiration from time-honored models around the world to create seasonal collections that are unique to its stores. Key product categories include: Furniture, Bedding, Bath, Rugs, Window Treatments, Tabletop, Decorative Accessories, Ledges and Lighting.
Pottery Barn Kids launched its first catalog in January of 1999 and quickly became a premier retailer for children's home furnishings and decorative accessories. Building on its immediate popularity, Pottery Barn Kids opened its first retail store in September of 2000 in Costa Mesa, California and now operates 87 stores in the U.S. A and Canada. In May 2001 potterybarnkids.com was introduced, giving customers the ultimate online shopping experience. In addition to product, the site offers an extensive Baby & Gift Registry, decorating tips, how-to guides, safety advice, craft ideas and much more. Virtually all of the merchandise is designed in-house and is exclusive to Pottery Barn Kids.
* To work with teams to deliver and maintain exemplary standards of visual merchandising in stores including promotion recommendations, and implementation.
* Ensure that the highest standards of visual merchandising are implemented and maintained
* Ensures brand identities and agreed standards are upheld through effective implementation of brand specific information and guidelines.
* Agrees monthly / weekly activity schedule with Operations managers in advance to maintain standard of one visual visit plus follow up per assigned store per month.
* Assists in delivering ongoing training and development of VM team members.
* Ensures all promotional events are effectively managed, working a minimum of a month in advance of planned sale activities.
* To decide, implement and deliver brand identity to all local markets.
* To establish processes and procedures to deliver best practice across all stores.
* To plan events and initiatives with support team and weekly activity schedules, visit stores to ensure standards are being met.
* To train and develop Visual Merchandising team and deliver seasonal workshops, and ensure personal development plans are complete for all team.
* To recommend visual style of promotion & source materials according to pre-decided budget.
Skills and Experience:
* Good knowledge in planning & organizing
* Ability to understand and deliver the visual strategies for different brands
* Excellent presentation skills
* Ability to apply sound brand principles to projects and campaigns
* Computer literate
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 75 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,400 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment. Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 47,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com or on Facebook.