Job description / Role
The Bakery Sous Chef supervises and controls the bakery production process . He / she plans ,
organizes and researches new aspects of products in order to have the appropriate knowledge in terms
of bread making .
- Receive bakery goods, check specifications, ensure appropriate storing and contribute to stocking the bakery station with the right items
- Supervise and control that the bakery production is in conformance with the set quality, time, hygiene, cleanliness and presentation specifications
- Prepare the bakery display section and ensure its maintenance as per the instructions of the Brand Manager
- Assist in preparing and cooking all bakery items in conformity with the set specifications and as per the instructions of the Regional Bakery Chef
- Implement adequate hygienic procedures and guidelines as set for the brand, ensure that health and safety regulations are followed at all times, and report discrepancies to hierarchy
- Supervise and train team members on all key responsibilities in the bakery section and ensure that they comply with the set statutory regulations
- Carry out functional supervisory responsibilities that include planning and assigning tasks, setting deadlines, monitoring results and quality, and relaying team's request to hierarchy
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- Technical Degree in Food and Beverage or Hospitality Management
- 2-3 years of experience in F&B operations
- Fluency in English
- Attention to details
- Change and Adaptability
- Commercial Understanding
- Customer Focus
- Driving and Achieving results
About the Company
Azadea Group is one of the world's fastest growing retail groups. We carry a strong franchise portfolio of over 30 diverse brands that features some of the industry's most identifiable names, including Zara, Mango, Virgin Megastore and Sunglass Hut.
Azadea Group headquarters are in Beirut, Lebanon. A comprehensive network of local offices supports our operations in the Middle East and Europe. Currently, we operate 152 strategically located stores across the Middle East and plan over 500 additional shops’ opening through the 3 coming years.