Job description / Role
Job Title: Chemical Coordinator
Career Level: Hourly
Location: Sulaibiya Waste Water Treatment & Reclamation Plant, Kuwait
Business Unit: Suez Water Technologies and Solutions, Italba Services S.R.L
Reports to: Technical Support Engineer (Chemicals)
• The Chemical Coordinator will be reporting directly to Technical Support Engineer (Chemicals). The position includes, but not limits to, responsible for the Chemical preparation, water analysis, chlorine handling, data logging, stock entry, loading and unloading of chemicals required for the operation of the UF/RO system, with the main objective of sustaining 24 hour uninterrupted operation within the boundaries of operational excellence. Chemical coordinator shall work closely with the Operation team members and other maintenance discipline supervisors to ensure smooth and effective operation of reclamation plant and to sustain overall plant performance.
The Chemical Coordinator is responsible to perform the below tasks but not limited to:
• Full responsibility over the Chemical preparation activities, loading & unloading of chemical.
• Management of the Chemical Team.
• To support and commitment to approved chemical purchasing processes & procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining purchasing information and verification of the purchased products.
• Supplier /vendor relationships in order to follow-up and complete the proper procedures related with chemical procurement.
• Writes comprehensive reports on lab analysis, chemical preparation & chemical handling process, to provide information as may be required by management.
• Able to read and understand P&IDs and control loop descriptions of various plant process and equipment operation.
• To maintain all required documentation and records required by management to comply with company policy.
• Responsibility for verifying the quality of chemicals delivered, loading and unloading of chemicals.
• Responsibility for planning all onsite chemical requirements, ordering and inventory of chemicals.
• Assist Operation team members on investigating & troubleshooting the process disturbances by monitoring/controlling routine lab analysis report and follow-up on non-routine analysis report.
• Identify the equipment malfunctioning and notify the concern department responsible in time for necessary actions.
• Knowledge and hands of experience in chemical classification and safe disposal of unused chemicals.
• Responsible for chlorine handling includes chemical tonner changeover, loading & unloading and emergency preparedness & response.
• Experiences in sampling and analyzing of Waste water treatment plant parameters.
• Responsible for lab supervision and maintenance.
• Responsible for Environment Health and Safety, production, quality control, logistics, maintenance, Housekeeping.
• Facilitates and maintains high EHS performance on the site. Strictly to follow site EHS regulations, knowledge on hazardous chemicals, confined space activities, knowledge of chemical spill control, LOTO procedure and with evacuation & emergency preparedness procedures.
• Optimize and assist with the development of operational quality system procedures/guidelines/documents for Water Treatment.
• Ensures to adheres to safety & Quality processes and procedures, Checks job sites for potential hazards and reports when things against company policies.
• Maintains appropriate housekeeping for plant facilities cooperating with other departments.
• Ability to work independently most of the time, but report to his supervisors.
KWD 286 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Housing Allowance , Annual Ticket, Medical & life insurance, Fitness,...
• 3 years bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
• At least 7-10 years’ work experience, 5 years minimum in Chemical preparation / Lab analysis especially in the field of Sewage Treatment, Ultra Filtration & Reverse Osmosis Plant.
• Computer skills in MS office (outlook, Excel, Word & Access)
• Fluent in English.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience in water/wastewater treatment plant activities.
• Working experience in GCC country.
About the Company
SUEZ offers the most comprehensive set of chemical and equipment solutions and services available.
By 2050, global trends predict the global population to grow by 3B and global water demand to increase by 55%. Technology innovation and expertise are crucial to helping the world overcome these challenges. SUEZ’s Water Technologies & Solutions has the expertise to solve our customers’ toughest water and process challenges wherever they occur.
We provide our customers with technology, expertise, and predictive analytics to enhance their water, wastewater, and process productivity in areas such as: Industrial wastewater, Process chemicals, Municipal solutions, Zero liquid discharge, Desalination technology and Monitoring & control.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies