Job description / Role
- Provision of both management and technical leadership to turn over asset from mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, cold commissioning, hot commissioning to ready for start-up and hand over.
- Program / schedule development and management, input into the development of framework execution plans - cold & hot commissioning procedures method statements with full process operational and multi discipline input.
- Management and coordination of vendors for turnover and commissioning at site.
- Support the system based plant turnover by coordination/attending walk downs and review and review the contractors punch-list.
- Obtain an in depth knowledge of the contracts associated for the assigned project and identify any equipment which has not been identified in the contact.
- Assist in the review of contractor plant/system turnover documentation.
- Understand all project related technical documents and permits to identify any actions which may produce a violation of those permits.
- Support Project Manager & Site Manager enforcing contract terms & conditions through interactions with contract executives and site supervisor.
- Support Project Manager in oversight of EPC startups means and methods.
- Support Project Manager & Project Controls in evaluating project performance and in managing change.
- Prepare the site startup portion of the Monthly Project Execution Report.
- Prepare the Project Daily Startup Report as required.
- Prepare the Weekly Startup Report
- Maintain a daily log of site significant activities.
- Support the Project Manager & Project Controls Manager on a schedule, cost forecasting change orders and any project related claims.
- B.Sc. Engineering
- 15 Years experience with minimum of 10 Years in similar type of Thermal Power Projects.
- Preferable experience in Owner's Engineer role.
- Must have previous experience working on large CCGT projects.
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.