Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Construction Safety Specialist to ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures are effectively embedded across the project in compliance with the local and International rules and regulations.
A typical week would include:
• Implement HSEQ policies, procedures and standards
• Assess, communicate and monitor HSE performance and compliance in line with statutory requirements
• Communicate effectively with site personnel and colleagues to promote health and safety at work
• Ensure that health & safety is embedded into all work practices in line with the WSP policies
• Promote and encourage positive behaviours in support of the achievement of a positive health & safety culture.
• Promote and encourage positive behaviours in support of the achievement of a positive health & safety culture
• Conduct regular HSE inspections and audits to assess the levels of compliance with current WSP and legal requirements
• Review and comment on contractors HSE documents, method statements and risk assessments for compliance
• Ensure compliance of traffic management plans and site traffic detours for all safety aspects
• Coordinate with the general public and other government agencies regarding safety and traffic management implementation
• Lead HSE meetings with contractors on site and keep records thereof
• Provide advice and support to assist site management to fulfil their HSE responsibilities to the high standards demanded by the business
• Support the delivery of training and awareness sessions as required
• Maintain project HSE documentation in line with internal HSEQ standards and client requirements.
• lead the investigation of incidents and non-conformances to establish immediate, underlying and root causes to prevent recurrence
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Minimum of 15 years experience in health & safety in construction supervision projects
• BSc Degree, a NEBOSH Diploma, or other relevant qualification
• Chartered Member of IOSH(CMIOSH), or working towards this status(GradIOSH)
We are a Great Place to Work© and take pride in attracting, developing and engaging the best professionals in our fields of expertise. We are problem-solvers who evolve, improve, modernise and excel. We know our solutions will shape the communities of tomorrow and help societies thrive sustainably. We embrace change and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Health and Safety Manager - Pipeline Construction
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jul|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
A Leading Energy And Construction Company In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jun|
Solar Project - HSE Manager
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited