Job description / Role
The Country Manager – Kuwait role is to develop and maintain the relationship between our client and their partner company and the end-user of our clients’ chemical solutions and its subsidiaries. The individual will build strong customer relationships across many business units.
The Country Manager – Kuwait will be responsible for training customers/partners, drafting technical sales proposals, implementing operational solutions in the field, and achieving sales targets. The Country Manager – Kuwait will serve as a technical sales liaison identifying the client’s needs and matching those needs with our clients’ chemical solutions on both a proactive and reactive basis.
Our client will position a "Country Manager" within Kuwait, co-located at the premises of its local partner. The role(s) of this person will be:
- Promote our clients’ technology – to be delivered by our partners resources – directly to oil & gas customers and key personnel as opportunities are identified and developed.
- Work in unison with our partners Well Services, Wellhead Maintenance and Well Testing teams to maximize the utilization of ours and our partners resources and technology.
- Evaluate all incoming job allocations for eligibility and/or suitability for completion with our clients’ technologies.
- Develop and realize opportunities within Kuwait.
- Provide technical guidance to the Technical Engineers' team, including staff training & development recommendations and day-to-day technical advice and guidance on the application of our clients’ technology.
- Assist with technical quality control of all outgoing job procedures and proposals.
Establishment and Appointment
- The Country Manager will represent our clients’ technologies. The role will be manned by a senior, highly experienced oilfield engineer who is capable of representing our clients’ technologies in a sales capacity, as well as providing a technical resource which our partner can utilize to guide and support technical and engineering staff.
- The person selected for the Country Manager will report exclusively to the Vice President – Global Operations on all matters regarding our clients’ technologies, their marketing, employment and administration.
- On a day-to-day basis the Country Manager will work closely with the General Product Lines Manager and Business Development Manager. The Country Manager will work in parallel to Team Leaders/Supervisors of the Well Services, Wellhead Maintenance and Well Testing teams albeit in an autonomous position. The General Product Lines Manager will provide day-to-day direction to the Country Manager's Office- as he/she would to other functional teams within specified limits such as:
- Resource allocation and deconfliction in support of work delivery and/or development.
- Implementation of personnel management recommendations for technical and engineering staff.
- Opportunity identification and development.
- Logistics management.
- Day-to-day technical communication with our client.
Accommodation is provided and there is an opportunity to earn substantial bonuses.
The Country Manager will:
- Sell our clients’ chemical solutions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within our partner company and subsidiaries’ technical staff.
- Conduct oilfield production problem solving using our clients’ chemical technology.
- Train partners and customers on the value and application of our clients’ products and services.
- Generate technical proposals designed for engineering and operations personnel to implement our client’s solutions (downhole, flowlines and surface equipment).
- Be responsible for forecasting, planning and communicating customer and relevant market activity.
- Be responsible for managing the transactional aspects of our clients’ accounts in Kuwait including credit monitoring and collections.
- Person Description
- The individual will have equal strengths in technical understanding of our client’s chemical solutions, technical sales ability, business development function, oilfield chemical operations and relationship building and management.
- The individual selected to fill this position must be able to demonstrate:
- Thorough understanding of upstream oilfield applications particularly related to oil production and enhanced oil recovery.
- Thorough understanding of oilfield operations and the application of specialised oilfield chemicals in the oil production context.
- Ability to build strong, effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an appropriate discipline related to specialist chemicals in oil production.
- Fluency in English (English as a first language preferable).
- 7+ years of oil production experience with at least 3 years field experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet all regulatory, medical and compliance requirements associated with permanent residency in Kuwait as well as the operational compliance requirements of our partner and its subsidiaries.
Desired characteristics and capabilities are:
- Comprehensive and specialized knowledge of our client’s products and services.
- Possesses a distinguished sales achievement record.
- Pre-existing customer relationships within KPC.
- Knowledge of Kuwaiti oil fields.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic is desirable but not essential.
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
General Manager - Facilities Management Service Provider
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||24 Jul|
A Leading Company in Lebanon
Territory Sales Manager