Job description / Role
* Plan and direct all operational aspects of the business unit.
* Maximize efficiency & productivity by ensuring all operations are running smoothly.
* Develop and execute CAPEX business strategies in order to attain the goals of board and shareholders.
* Provide strategic advice regarding assets management plans to the Senior Management & board of directors, monitor performance to optimize the value of asset portfolio.
* Define proper accounting treatments for unusual & complex transactions, present financial impact scenarios to support management decision. i.e. draft contracts and agreements.
* Provide necessary recommendation related to the annual Capex budget to support the management plans in line with the best interest of the business.
* Develop financial analysis and recommendations related to deployment, acquisition, write off and disposals of assets.
* Develop and execute departmental policies & procedures in line with the organisations strategic goals and legal guidelines, ensuring they are followed at all times.
* Create and update internal procedures related to the work flow for Fixed Assets and review and update the application work process.
* Define the automation & digitization road map for Fixed Assets unit & lead implementation.
* Manage and direct scheduled closing procedures and ensure all applicable reports related to Fixed Assets are generated accurately.
* Engage with Technology team, conduct disposal and replacement planning decisions based on remaining useful life, repair costs, severity of condition & total utilization of assets.
* Analyze problematic situations & occurrences, provide solutions to drive company growth.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
* To take on the Director of Fixed Assets role, candidates will need to have experience in a similar role with responsibility for a large portfolio of fixed assets, preferably in the telco or technology sectors.
* You will also need to have operated at a Senior Management or Director level in the past, and be able to demonstrate the ability to both build and lead a team, as well as contribute at both a strategic and operational level.
* Whilst not essential, Arabic language skills would be of benefit.
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.
Dubai Based Oil Shipping And Trading Company
Finance and Accounts Manager
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS)
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Internal Audit Manager