Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Role should ensure base KPI targets are set, evaluated and met by initiating insight based and value increasing activities. Role to ensure segment profitability through personalized customer offers. Role is also expected to identify and develop new, efficient and customer obsessed base activities and life cycle programs to increase revenue contribution as well as NPS. The consumer world is surely becoming more digital, and therefore the role will also possess knowledge in terms of mobile App and online marketing possibilities. Role is also expected to take lead and drive CVM related projects ensuring best possible execution and results.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Work with senior director prepaid and Responsible for setting up of the Life Cycle Management function including putting into place the Strategy and programs required.
- Oversee and drive the Lifecycle of existing customers and to increase their Life Time Value for ooredoo.
- Accountable for retaining existing Voice and Data customers, monitoring their usage and behavior, adjusting forecasts, and creating a win-win value proposition.
- Participate in the budget exercise for the year - Revenue planning and Capex / Opex planning.
- Achieve the required amount of Retained customers via different Retention Campaigns and offers as per the agreed upon Annual Operating Budget.
- Approve the documentation of the stages in a
- Customer's lifecycle and the movement from stage to stage and recommend changes if needed.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Products, Technology, Finance, CC, Legal and any other function as required evaluate, plan, coordinate and deliver the required KPIs related to Churn, Retention, Usage.
- Provide input into overall Ooredoo revenue targets through the retention of customers and activities to be undertaken to reach these goals.
- Ensure that Retention campaigns and Programs have offers backed by a business case where the offer is attractive, ensure they make commercial sense.
- Ensure the development criteria for monthly monitoring and analysis of customer churn within different product groups and customer segments.
- Develop and track the annual budget for retention activities
- Build and nurture the culture of retention and Upsell / Cross Sell within the organization. Significant changes are required in the DNA of the organization to ensure that we progress on this front.
- Work with senior director prepaid to priorities campaigns
- Oversee to ensure that all Campaigns which are towards customers are prioritized and run on CMS
- Ensure that the necessary types of triggers and promos are developed and delivered on the system so that Marketing can run campaigns independent of Technology intervention except in the cases of new types of promos /offers.
- Define the contact policy, process and also the out of policy process. This process needs to be documented and signed off by Management.
- Oversee the overall number of campaigns to be run, manage priorities, and manage the contact policy, sharing of the analysis and KPI on a regular
- Ensure that all relevant departments who need to run campaigns are coordinated with Product Marketing, PD, VAS, Segments, Sales, CC, CE, Retention, Loyalty and any other teams as required Work with the Prepaid Senior Director to propose and prepare the Ooredoo Kuwait Consumer Retention strategy, Campaigns prioritization, Campaigns marketing design, Roadmaps for the different aspects under Customer Life Cycle Management.
- Insuring customer base retention activities
- Ensuring growth in active base by both retaining customer and reactivation Dormant and low users.
- Responsible for adding value and taking the existing Customer retention Program to the next level.
- Build the Strategy and Roadmap and ensure it is reviewed and maintained quarterly and annually.
- Partner with all relevant departments within the organization to continuously improve the customer experience on the retention Program.
- Contribute to the review of the Retention strategy and Roadmap on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual basis.
- P&L responsibility of Consumer Marketing Retention Activities. Deliver the Retained revenue as outlined in the Annual Budget from the various retention related activities.
- Oversee the rollout of various Retention activities which are designed to reduce churn, increase Life Time Value, and improve the Life Cycle Management process for our customers.
- Develop and supervise monthly / weekly / daily monitoring and analysis of Consumer churn (voluntary & financial) within the different product groups and customer segments and propose adequate marketing actions accordingly.
- Coordinate with different Divisions / Departments like Customer Care, Sales, Finance, Segments team, Product Teams, BI, Communication, Technology and any other relevant internal or
- external teams for roadmap execution.
- Ensure the correct and timely training of relevant staff on Retention programs / activities.
- Work on the Annual Budget preparation exercise with respect to Retention, make recommendation for and help to track the annual budget for Retention activities.
- Document and review the Customer Retention Processes as needed.
- Deliver & coordinate corresponding campaign requirements to be delivered to the CMS team for campaign execution.
- Defines strategic segments to be targeted for specific offerings Proactively manage and motivate the team to be highly professional and results oriented.
- Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs.
- Recruit adequate staff as required for each CVM function.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and ensure objectives set are monitored and achieved.
- Delegate responsibility to direct reports, in accordance with their role and ability, to ensure they are developed and maximize their potential.
- Work with senior director prepaid to continuously work on enhancing CMS system with up to date integration and capabilities, like:
• Contextual marketing
• Real time triggers
• Inbound channels
• Multi channels offering
• Next Best Offer Automation
• Enhanced Campaign reporting
• Digital and mobile App integration
• Big data integration
- Identify the adequate external partners in each CVM area to achieve Best in Class CVM practices: CMS, CVM analytics, Digital CVM, Next Best Offer, Contextual and triggered marketing.
- Work with Senior director prepaid to build CVM framework for the upcoming years with the necessary components to reach High Standard CVM practice
- Design, develop, plan and execute the prepaid segment CVM strategy according to the company's yearly and quarterly KPIs.
- Link the defined strategy with realistic, next level and measurable Business Revenue targets.
- Define overall business plan for the targeted Framework
- Define adequate planning for the framework with the coordination with the impacting entities: technology, marketing, HR, CC, Sales, Finance, Regulatory and Customer Experience.
- Strategic lead on prepaid segment customer lifecycle management (revenue enhancement, X-sell and retention).
- Plan, steer and optimize company telemarketing channels based on the customer lifecycle stage.
- Lead the budgeting, business & Roadmap planning and resource allocation for the prepaid t CVM activities.
- Full P&L ownership of CVM activities (grow and keep) portfolio. Work with senior director prepaid to build advanced tools to insure sophisticated CVM analytics and modeling with proven added value.
- Build modeling process and models to campaign s process, aiming to automate campaigns based on advanced models output.
- Drive customer insights to identify the right opportunities and/or threats and create new campaign to face them.
- Build and maintain ongoing and evolving Next Best Offer in-house model with collaboration of the adequate partner and insure the added value to the business revenue of CVM.
- Work with senior director prepaid to define customer journey & experience at all touch points
- Monitor the customer experience KPIs related to CVM offers and promotions.
- Insure high satisfaction level of the CVM offers and promotions in line with the company targets.
- Create and confirm differentiators based on CVM promotions to customers in order to choose and to stay with Ooredoo Sim.
- Contribute in Ooredoo Brand Equity.
- Insure smooth and rich customer journey with the developed CVM campaign and offers. Work with senior director prepaid to set the pricing strategy and positioning for the CVM Segment offering (grow and keep).
- Drive measures to improve channel accountability & profitability for the CVM related activities that include distribution and investment.
- Define the segment retention subsidy strategy in coordination with the pricing department.
- Develop and reshape upsell, x-sell and retention offers for the prepaid segment.
- Ensure that the products and services are in line with the rules and guideline of the Kuwait Regulatory body (CITRA).
- Initiate customer insight and market research for CVM activities.
- Lead requirements and approve the brief for the Market Research projects related to the CVM. Lead and approve business cases and Engagement Documents (ED) for new CVM product related (grow and keep).
- Lead and approve Product Description Documents (PDD) for the Product Development team for CVM related technical implementation.
- Assist in technical implementation as required by the leading PD team.
- Approve RFBT and TRFS for new CVM product launches.
- Define along with the PD team state of the art customer experience for CVM products and services. Develop post launch analysis on CVM activities and take corrective actions.
- Monitor and report CVM segment KPI and status
- against targets and budget.
- Perform competitive analysis to evaluate CVM product capabilities and analyze how these impact market share. Recommend and implement changes required to be competitive.
- Rationalize solution offerings by performing map/gap analysis against current offering and market opportunities. Work with the prepaid Senior Director to propose and prepare the Ooredoo Kuwait Consumer X-sell and upsell strategy.
- Contribute to the review of the X-sell and upsell strategy and Roadmap on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual basis.
- P&L responsibility of Consumer prepaid Marketing X-sell and Upsell Activities.
- Oversee the rollout of various x-sell and upsell activities which are designed to increase the revenue from the existing base and.
- Develop and supervise monthly / weekly / daily monitoring and analysis of postpaid segment existing base within the different product groups and customer segments and propose adequate marketing actions accordingly.
- Coordinate with different Divisions / Departments like Customer Care, Sales, Finance, Segments team, Product Teams, BI, Communication, Technology and any other relevant internal or external teams for roadmap execution.
- Ensure the correct and timely training of relevant staff on upsell and x-sell activities along with the segment departments.
- Work on the Annual Budget preparation exercise with respect to the upsell and x-sell.
- Deliver & coordinate corresponding campaign requirements to be delivered to the CMS team for campaign execution.
- Defines strategic segments to be targeted for specific offerings. Attend Operations and Marketing division meetings as required.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Attend Training Programs, Courses, Seminars.
- Master's degree in Science, Marketing, Management, Finance or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute
Demonstrated knowledge in the following required:
- Budget skills
- Multichannel marketing
- Strong Creative skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Required years of experience of delivering results & managing CVM function in telecommunications sector
- 8-9 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of the telecom sector, analytics, CVM tools & techniques
- Creative flair and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to understand and execute the measurement of results and act appropriately to improve efforts
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Director, Strategy & New Business Development
|Kuwait City||16 Mar|
Chief Executive Officer
Senior Manager, Postpaid Customer Value Management (CVM) Operations
|Kuwait City||18 Mar|
Chief Director of Corporate Strategy & Planning
NSI & Bluefin Talent
CEO - New Fintech Venture