Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
The Strategic Marketing Director is responsible of the Marketing strategy development and implementation. Position works internally with executives across multiple functions while also spending significant time working externally across the broader market and with our customers. In addition to helping the marketing team become best-in-class, leading the development and execution of strategies that deliver growth. The Director plays an essential role in creating and implementing a strategic marketing plan inclusive of research, analytics, branding, communications and product management.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Facilitate the strategy development and planning for Marketing business lines, segments, and product and technology areas. Once Marketing strategy is determined, manage projects with Marketing business executives
- Set specific marketing goals that align with the overall direction and business goals
- Serve as a leader and coach in helping company adopt an Insight mindset. This means working closely with the research team and other functions to discover new insights related to the customer and the market, engage the right individual customers, execute our recommendation at the highest level and ultimately deliver operational excellence
- Gain a broad understanding of the business beyond marketing and be a leader in supporting company's cornerstone objectives which range from growth to operations
- Identify internal/external resources to address opportunity.
- Manage the process to facilitate knowledge sharing and transfer, including monthly/quarterly analysis, reporting and planning forums
- Coach others to think more strategically and serve as a mentor for colleagues who wish to move into a strategic marketing role in the future
- Track and measure marketing outcomes including marketing activities, response, sales, retention, and ROI
- Review market landscape, forecast market dynamics trends and competition and suggest marketing strategies
- Supervise the establishment of the Marketing Roadmap for each segment.
- Prepare the B2C Business Plan and submit to top management different scenarios in line with the company Strategy.
- Outline objectives and performance via KPIs.
- Accountable for the overall existing Consumer products & services, revenue and profitability, through profit and loss analysis, monitoring and adjusting forecasts, establishing pricing and creating a value proposition.
- Develop Marketing management materials for analysis.
- Drive change initiatives in processes and tools, including capability measuring, performance tracking, account planning, opportunity management, etc. Establish best practices.
- Partner with key constituencies (Finance, Marketing, HR, etc) in the measurement and analysis of business performance and effectiveness including achievement against financial goals, client satisfaction benchmarks and resource allocation standards.
- Support business head and their team in achieving business objectives
- Bachelor degree in either Business, Marketing, MIS, or engineering or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Required 8-9 years of experience based on progression ladder.
- Strong knowledge of Telecom Industry, Products and Services.
- Strong knowledge of local market conditions.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Fluent verbal/written communication in English. Arabic an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good Presentation skills.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality