Document Control Technician
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Maintain a central project document control system, covering project team, client, vendor and third-party documentation.
- Establish and implement an efficient project-related document control register and procedures
- Establish and maintain a correspondence filing system.
- Expedite the review and approval of documentation, including designs, procedures, instructions, product certification and records.
- Plan, supervise and record document flow to and from all necessary parties, including clients, sub-contractors, and the project offices. Issue and track the location of all documents and drawings. Issue transmittal letters and receipts concerning the documents in circulation.
- Remove obsolete documents from distribution and use. Coordinate storage and archiving of the project and organizational records.
- The focal point for document control of a major study with other document controllers being based in other offices.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Must have good knowledge of Document Control and experience of Document control for large-sized projects.
- Responsible for preparation of project-related documents at a large scale, coordination, and Liaising with the contract, project control dept. Document control, filing, etc.
- To organize, manage, control, and support the Documentation section on a large scale of projects.
- To define, set up, validate, and maintain necessary means and tools for the timely preparation of the handover of documentation to the Operations team.
- As a general manner, to aid the whole Project team for all matters related to documentation management activities.
Who you are :
- You are an individual who is self-motivated, proactive, and works well with a team.
- You will be seen as the Subject matter specialist for the resolution of issues arising across all areas of the job and be able to clearly explain complex processes that surround the role.
- We expect you to ensure the integrity of the work scope and that all work is carried-out in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- We expect you to mentor of less experienced members of staff including 'hands on' approach to the formulation and delivery of training programs for local Kuwaiti personnel.
Preferred Qualification(s) and/or Experience :
- You will possess either a degree and/or an equivalent diploma from an accredited college or university. This is an essential contractual requirement.
- You will have a minimum of Eight (8) years of total minimum work experience post qualification within the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects. Upstream onshore experience is preferred.
- You will have a minimum of Five (5) years of work experience in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
- You must have work experience working within PMC projects in the above-mentioned industries.
- You will have experience working with advanced engineering tools, data systems & other general office / engineering software will be given first preference.
- You will have the ability to interact effectively with people of all nationalities & cultures while using clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas. An individual with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of relationship(s) on a sustainable and long-term basis.
- You will have extensive knowledge of Contractual Terms & Conditions, Commercial Contract Law.
- You will have broad based knowledge of the requirements for process engineering through all phases of project life cycle, from FEED through to Commissioning, within Oil & Gas or related industries.
- You will demonstrate an ability to lead/coach/mentor colleagues and/or staff.
- You will have the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills as well as manage multiple priorities.
- You will be willing to engage and manage clients as required by the needs of the business and if deemed necessary by the Worley management .
- You will have pre-commissioning, commissioning, and performance testing experience
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.