Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- We are looking for candidates with a background with preferred subject areas include Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Environmental Engineering.
- Reporting to the Technical Manager and Projects Manager your role will entail site monitoring, preparation of data reports, supervising site operations, managing on-site equipment, report writing, data analysis, sample collection, and interpretation of results.
Who you are :
- You are an individual who is self-motivated, proactive, and works well with a team.
- You will be seen as the Subject matter specialist for the resolution of issues arising across all areas of the job and be able to clearly explain complex processes that surround the role.
- We expect you to ensure the integrity of the work scope and that all work is carried-out in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- We expect you to mentor of less experienced members of staff including 'hands on' approach to the formulation and delivery of training programs for local Kuwaiti personnel.
Preferred Qualification(s) and/or Experience :
- You will possess either a degree in Ecology and/or an equivalent diploma from an accredited college or university. This is an essential contractual requirement.
- You will have a minimum of Eight (8) years of total minimum work experience post qualification within the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects. Upstream onshore experience is preferred.
- You will have a minimum of Five (5) years of work experience in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
- You must have work experience working within PMC projects in the above-mentioned industries.
- You will have experience working with advanced engineering tools, data systems & other general office / engineering software will be given first preference.
- You will have the ability to interact effectively with people of all nationalities & cultures while using clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas. An individual with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of relationship(s) on a sustainable and long-term basis.
- You will have extensive knowledge of Contractual Terms & Conditions, Commercial Contract Law.
- You will have broad based knowledge of the requirements for process engineering through all phases of project life cycle, from FEED through to Commissioning, within Oil & Gas or related industries.
- You will demonstrate an ability to lead/coach/mentor colleagues and/or staff.
- You will have the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills as well as manage multiple priorities.
- You will be willing to engage and manage clients as required by the needs of the business and if deemed necessary by the Worley management.
- You shall have experience in lower and higher flora and fauna classification ecology, sustainable management, and conservation of wildlife in arid areas.
- Experience in population and community relationships with plants. Understanding of the processes that shape the temporal and spatial distribution of fauna, and interactions between native plants and animals, especially in relation to climate."- Experience in planting, desert ecology, irrigation system, and plant/soil relationship.
- Apply sampling strategies and employ a range of habitat survey techniques, such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Global Positioning Systems (GPS), aerial photography, records, and maps.
- Experience in developing strategies and contract technical and rehabilitation work on natural habitats.
- Shall be able to liaise with, and advise, project engineers, planners, and others associated with revegetation activities, surveys, nursery activities, or planting. Build relationships with stakeholders, including members of the public authorities
- Experience in the development of technical expertise, Data analysis, revegetation assessment management, developing and writing reports and issue recommendations.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.