Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
As the Engineer - electrical you will be responsible for all electrical elements on a major airport expansion and rehabilitation.
* Controlling the checking and reviewing to meet project, company and client specifications for safe design
* Managing the technical approval of the utility companies
* Review conducting primary technical reviews on assigned prime contractor's design deliverables related to electrical equipment/system design and calculations
* Review Single line (SLDs) Schematic and cable Block Diagram
* Review relevant technical specifications and procurement
* Tendering packages to comply with prime contractors requirements, project schedules and laws and regulations
* Be able to communicate with stake holders at a technical level sufficient to get designs and documentation approved by approving authorities
* Conduct primary technical reviews of prime contractor and/or project owner's processes and procedures in order to ensure approvals where relevant and to prepare technical reports on findings
* Review vendor's documentations with respect to electrical equipment and materials to ensure compliance with the prime contractor's requirements
* Evaluate and advise on electrical related design changes and non-conformances to ensure fulfilment of the requirements
* Ensure the development of required documentation for the review process in order to include comments, recommendations and corrective action plans for the prime contractor as appropriate
* Be familiar with materials (MM) and quality surveillance (QS) department to ensure that the assigned electrical equipment installation activities are performed in accordance with the engineering design requirements, project contract agreements, schedules as well as Safety and Quality Standards.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Degree (BEng/BSc) in Electrical/Electrical engineering preferably Chartered or working towards it
* Minimum of 15 years post-graduation experience
* Demonstrable track record on infrastructure and transportation projects
* Experience on the full spectrum of the electrical services including but not limited to; Medium Voltage (cables, transformers and switchgear), Low Voltage (power and lighting), Fire detection and Alarm System, general knowledge of ELV system, etc
* Skilled at using international codes and standards in engineering and design of their discipline area
* Excellent project management skills, particularly change management
* Ability to coordinate with other disciplines and multiple stakeholders across geographies
* Ability to present design scheme and discuss design issues with clients, architects and other stakeholders
* In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald’s uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.