Job description / Role
Job Opportunity for Fire Officers in Kuwait (10 Positions)
Our client is a global Operations and Maintenance firm focused primarily on the oil & gas industry around the world. They are seeking a large number of firefighters (at various levels) for 1 year renewable expat assignments in Kuwait. We are specifically looking for Americans with training and experience in the USA.
Package: The organization is offering generous Expat Allowances including free Food, Housing, Airfare, Health Insurance, Car and local transportation. You will be provided Western style housing in apartments located near the facility. The position pays a base salary of KD 2200/mo (at the time of this posting the exchange rate makes it roughly $84,000/year).
Location: Al-Zour, AH
Type: Direct Hire
Salary: $84,000 - $84,000 / year
Contract: 1 year renewable yearly contract
Family status: Available for Spouse
Earn Tax Free Income:
At this time there is no income tax in Kuwait and most or all US income is excluded from US taxes.
• IFSAC/Pro-Boards certification (or Equivalent JOIFF certification)
• Should possess the competencies required for the Job Description of fireman and Fire equipment operator.
• Responds immediately to fire, salvage, rescue or hazardous materials emergency call and decides initial firefighting tactics in line with equipment condition/ constraints.
• Consults with Incident Command on overall plant emergency procedures.
• Directs and controls activities of fire crew, after technical assessment of fire, until relieved by next senior in line.
• Leads teams under conditions of extreme personal hazard, such as rescue activities inside confined spaces / elevated locations and hazardous maintenance activities inside KIPIC and adjacent areas.
• Covers all locations within KIPIC jurisdiction.
• Checks special standby needs and ensures that appropriate equipment (monitors, foam cannons etc.) are deployed.
• Conducts fire prevention and protection inspection tours and ensures that inspection tours/ fire prevention patrols are carried out in area under control.
• Fills out inspection / audit reports during routine and planned plant visits.
• Ensures maintenance of firefighting vehicles and fire protection equipment in the fire station and all the area under KIPIC (KIPIC assets) control as per predetermined program prepared by Chief Fire Officer.
• Coordinates any maintenance work in his shift on equipment / systems under Fire section control.
• Effectively communicate in writing, write reports, letters, and memos utilizing word processing and spreadsheet programs; operate in an information management system; and effectively operate at all levels in the incident management system
• To condense instructions for frequently assigned unit tasks based on training and standard operating procedures.
• Distribute issue-guided directions to unit members during training evolutions.
• Establish perimeters at an incident scene, elements of a size-up, standard operating procedures for emergency operations, and fire behavior.
• To implement an incident management system, to manage scene safety, and to supervise and account for assigned personnel under emergency conditions.
• To write reports, to communicate orally, and to evaluate skills, identify safety hazards and to communicate orally and in writing.
• Implement an incident management system, to communicate orally, to supervise and account for assigned personnel under emergency conditions, and to serve in command staff and unit supervision positions within the Incident Management System.
• To research, to use evaluative methods, to analyze data, to communicate orally and in writing, and to motivate members.
• The ability to communicate orally and in writing and to organize a plan; and familiarity with emergency management interagency planning and coordination.
Job Description / Job Skills:
• Fireman / Captain
• Fire Officer II
• Fire Inspector II;
• Fire Instructor II
• Rope Rescue II,
• Confined Space Rescue II
• Haz-Mat Responder – Technician
• Hazmat Incident Command
• Driver/Operator - Pumper, Aerial, Mobile Water Supply
• Incident Command System (ICS) Minimum experience: 5 years
• Oil & Gas experience is preferable
• Meet minimum physical fitness abilities as per NFPA 1582
To apply please send your CV online.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.