Job description / Role
Advise and assist with planning, analysis, modeling and reporting of assigned projects. Create an effective and working database, create documentation such as periodic reports, newsletter, documents on Market regulations etc. Coordinate with FSQA teams to ensure the portal is updated regularly and accurate information is provided to brands at all times
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
• Support key initiatives and work alongside different teams to share SOP's, analytical reports etc
• Review and create Food label contents
• Review menu copies to ensure compliance
• Assist in compiling allergen information for all existing and new food brands
• Maintain, update and own 'allergen data' for all products offered in the menu of all brands
• Review and approve claims made by Brands. Assist brands in making calorific value claims
• Review and approve Calories & Nutritional data declared by Brands
• Actively search and collate data when required
• Support with implementation of any new market regulation
• Work with lab service providers in all markets to ensure that testing services, reporting etc. are aligned to Alshaya and regulatory requirements and make recommendations as needed
• Any other duties required by your line Manager
• B.S. degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or Food Microbiology Or 3 years of relevant experience in one or more sector of the food industry
• Familiar with best practice of food safety management
• Demonstrates understanding of Food Safety processes in stores
• Attention to detail
• Ability to communicate confidently with all levels of business management
• Proactive individual committed to meeting deadline
• Ability to multi-task multiple projects
• Able to collect and analyze complex data, evaluate information, and draw conclusions/make recommendations
• Good report writing and presentation skills -verbal and written
• Good computer skills - MS Office Word, MS Office Excel, MS Office Power point and MS Sha
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.