Job description / Role
Our client is looking for a qualified and experienced Gas Operations Specialist to join their large project in Kuwait. This role is offered on a full time / residential placement.
The role of the Specialist - Gas Operations Training is to act as SME and implement comprehensive improvements to Gas Training to international best practice and standards.
A Specialist shall support the Operations Technical Professional Development Team (OTPD) and follow the instructions and reasonable requests from Line Managers and Supervisors.
- Review Competency Frameworks, Competency Profiles and Training Catalogues for Upstream Operations and Produced Water Handling job families
- Benchmarking against other National and International Oil Companies
- Recommend and implement updates, recognising Knowledge and Application elements and international best practise
- Review Learning Options & Learning Tools associated with the Competency Frameworks
- Rationalize available delivery methods and learning titles
- Act as Reviewer in the Gap Analysis Discussion (GAD) process
- External Verifier for OJT and in-house course assessment
- QA/QC Technical Content of all courses and international attachments
- Review and develop Under Development (UD) and Under Training (UT) programs for Graduate Engineers and Diploma Technician new hires
- Input to e-learning, competency assurance, new learning
Competencies / Knowledge:
- Current knowledge of international best practice in the field of Gas operations training.
- Must possess a good level of English language ability, both spoken and written.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience in Oil & Gas Upstream Gas Operations and must have an in-depth knowledge of the following:
- Extensive knowledge of on-shore Gas Booster Station, Turbines, Compressors and Consumer Networks operations
- Must had proven experience in developing and implementing Competency Frameworks, Learning Systems/Tools, Training Quality Assurance, Program and Curriculum Review, Design, and Implementation
- Internationally recognised Assessor and Verifier qualifications (both desirable).
- International Train the Trainer qualification (desirable).
- Possess good IT skills, in particular Outlook, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be capable of working with different cultures, coach, and mentor existing staff, and developing good working relationships. Must be culturally aware and sensitive.
- Needs to have a flexible attitude to all work activities, and be prepared to accept training schedule changes, and to work unsocial hours if required.
- Must possess emotional resilience, be a self-starter and have a positive attitude.
- Willingness to travel within client desert locations and gathering centres in Kuwait for work requirements
- Operational experience as a Technician and above in the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in related field and specialty with 10 years' experience working in International Major Oil & Gas Companies in an Operational - Upstream Environment.
- Must possess a valid driving licence and must follow all company and client driving/health and safety policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to all company and client health and safety policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to the company code of conduct, and in particular attention must be paid to timekeeping and standards of dress and treat all colleagues with respect.
In return you will receive a competitive salary package.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results