Job description / Role
A well established bank in Kuwait is seeking for a Head of Data Architecture and Data Services who will be leading and managing Bank-wide data architecture and will offer knowledgeable data librarian services to Businesses and Functions. This newly created role will focus on establishing the department with the required people and tools, and making the department as Center of Excellence for Data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish Principles of Data Architecture, working in conjunction with IT
• Define data catalogs and standards, working with the data stewards; these should include the Master Data Entities, including customer master
• Maintain the register of data and the golden sources, and also the data flows for critical processes
• Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements are well understood and considered as part of data architecture
• Define and maintain the conceptual and logical data models of the Enterprise data warehouse
• Own and drive the data architecture for key projects, and ensure the data assets are built for reuse and also existing assets are reused
• Own and drive the use of Enterprise level Master Data in the key projects
• Co-own with Head of Data Governance implementation of Data Governance solution covering data catalogs, data standards, data sharing agreements, and lineage
Requirements and & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in a financial services organization
• 3 years in a senior management role, working with Business and Function Heads
• Knowledge of underlying data definitions and data issues in Banking Industry
• Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication and culture change
• Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.