Job description / Role
A well-established bank in Kuwait is actively looking for a Deputy Head of Enterprise Risk Management to lead the Enterprise Risk function. The job includes broad risk mitigation across business activities assessing and mitigating significant credit, market, competitive, regulatory and technological threats and development to achieve and sustain competitive positioning and a prominent market presence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be responsible for and oversee all Credit, Market and Enterprise Risk related regulatory reports and IFRS9 related models.
• To ensure and monitor performance of root cause analysis on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
• To monitor the KRI Framework and identifying trends in the key risk indicators and report to Risk Management.
• To proper monitor the major risks of the bank (market, liquidity, interest rate risk and credit portfolio).
• Provide leadership and assist activities of IT Security Department in consulting, security support, and communication, product and application management and process compliance.
Minimum Experience and & Qualifications:
• Must have at least 12-15 years’ experience in a senior management risk function in the GCC/Middle East within the banking industry. Preferably with qualified certifications in financial services.
• Must have strong leadership skills.
• Strong knowledge in Market Risk, Operational Risk, Risk Analytics and Credit Portfolio.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.