Health & Safety (HSE) Field Supervisor
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- To implement PMC Safety policies, HSE Management System and Project specific HSE Management Plans as they apply to the project. Ensure that the site complies with the relevant HSE Legislation and the client's HSE requirements.
- Implement the project HSE MS.
- Maintain Statistical data for the Project.
- Prepare reports as required for the Worley HSEQ Manager.
- Provide advice and assistance to EPC HSE managers so they comply in a consistent way to reduce the risk to the project employees and the environment.
- Provide advice and guidance to the EPC contractor management team on HSE issues through the interpretation of client policies and statutory requirements.
- Ensure EPC contractors establish and maintain statistical data concerning all matters of health and safety, training programs with which to provide a basis for development of further health and safety activities, to highlight trends for future action.
- Review EPC contractor Safety Management System and advise of required changes
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the client, regulatory bodies and EPC contractor to foster the professional image of Worley.
- Visit the project site on a regular basis to ensure interest and awareness of HSE is maintained, conduct regular safety talks and safety training sessions relative to the nature of activities being undertaken
Other key activities shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Pro-actively visit site and with the EPC contractor implement safety measures-promote/ensure safe work practices
- Ensure quality safety observation program is implemented and maintained on each site/project and ensure follow up on findings
- Assist EPC contractor construction management personnel in identifying hazards and in planning and organizing the work such that a safe working environment is maintained.
- Assist EPC sub-contractor Safety advisors and site management in the development and revision of specific site safety programs.
- Maintain a HS&E audit and assessment program for the location.
- Carry out regular inspections of the work areas with the respective EPC contractor line manager and or HSE representative and prepare reports.
- Disseminate safety information throughout the workplace via bulletin boards, posters, newsletters etc.
- Assist EPC contractor line management and or construction supervisors in accident investigation process and report accordingly.
- Develop and implement safety initiatives to continually improve, achieve and maintain stated safety performance and objectives.
- Ensure HSE safety inductions are undertaken in accordance with the EPC contractor SMS requirements for all new employees of the company and its subcontractors
- Monitor the availability and use of safety apparel and equipment.
- Provide advice to the EPC subcontractor supervision on the development of project specific procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) training,
- Advise subcontractor supervisory staff and employees in the implementation of strategies to identify and control potential hazards and in the use of the hierarchy of controls
- Ensure all lines of communication on HSE-matters remain open and effective between all parties particularly the client, Worley EPC contractors and their sub-contractors.
Who you are :
- You are an individual who is self-motivated, proactive, and works well with a team.
- You will be seen as the Subject matter specialist for the resolution of issues arising across all areas of the job and be able to clearly explain complex processes that surround the role.
- We expect you to ensure the integrity of the work scope and that all work is carried-out in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- We expect you to mentor of less experienced members of staff including 'hands on' approach to the formulation and delivery of training programs for local Kuwaiti personnel.
Preferred Qualification(s) and/or Experience :
- You will possess either an engineering degree and/or an equivalent diploma from an accredited college or university. This is an essential contractual requirement.
- You will have a minimum of Ten (10) years of total minimum work experience post qualification within the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects. Upstream onshore experience is preferred.
- You will have a minimum of Five (5) years of work experience in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
- You must have work experience working within PMC projects in the above-mentioned industries.
- You will have experience working with advanced engineering tools, data systems & other general office / engineering software will be given first preference.
- You will have the ability to interact effectively with people of all nationalities & cultures while using clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas. An individual with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of relationship(s) on a sustainable and long-term basis.
- You will have broad based knowledge of the requirements for process engineering through all phases of project life cycle, from FEED through to Commissioning, within Oil & Gas or related industries.
- You will demonstrate an ability to lead/coach/mentor colleagues and/or staff.
- You will have the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills as well as manage multiple priorities.
- You will be willing to engage and manage clients as required by the needs of the business and if deemed necessary by the Worley management .
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.