Job description / Role
The role holder will be accountable for bringing the Starbucks Alshaya People Strategy and the Group's HR vision to life. The role holder will work closely with local stakeholders and Starbucks partners to ensure Group HR best practices are implemented across and will support the achievement of the Division's business plan through effective local people and learning strategies. As the custodian of the Group's culture and values the role holder will also put in place local approaches to further support partner growth, engagement and wellbeing at every career level
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with local stakeholders to understand and support the achievement of the annual Business Plans from a people perspective.
- Advise and guide local stakeholders on the effectiveness of local manpower plans and put forward solutions to optimise resourcing and hiring strategies- Collaborate with Group Talent Acquisition to ensure manpower requisitions are filled on time, with quality hires, and ensure effective local brand onboarding
- Use HR data analytics to regularly review KPIs and key trends, and put in place local initiates to address challenges, ie turnover- Educate and increase awareness around all annual talent management activities, ensuring timely completion and effective management of under performers.
- Complete annual Talent Reviews for all non-store partners and educate Line Managers on coaching/mentoring expectations of them as Servant Leaders- Ensure all non-store talents have clear Partner Development Plans (PDP) in place, following career conversations with Line Managers- Support with Succession Planning activities for business-critical roles, working with VP People & Culture to consider how to create further secondment and mobility opportunities- Work with Group Total Reward to objectively evaluate competition/market data and recommending cost effective action to local stakeholder and VP of People & Culture- Work with the Brand Training Manager to review the effectiveness of local brand training and put forward areas of improvement to enhance the effectiveness of local Learning Specialists.
- Identify talent development needs for non-store partners and share these with VP of People and Culture to ensure central support is provided through the Shared Service model- Support and coach line and senior managers on the Group's Disciplinary and Grievance and Performance Management Processes to promote fairness, consistency of approach and employee satisfaction and productivity
- Act as the local custodian of nationalization and feminization's and put forward approaches and strategies to further enhance our EVP- Maintain a visible presence through store and market visits to understand the partner voice and to coach field and store teams on HR best practice- Identify opportunities/initiatives for improvement and act as a change agent and employee advocate to support culture transformation.
- Provide regular status updates to VP People & Culture, VP MENA and local stakeholders in line with the HR Calendar and escalate any issues accordingly
- Local labor law and market nuances
- Financial acumen as it relates to the effective management of the People agenda
- HR best practice solutions across all areas of HR
- Experience operating as an HRBP or Senior HR Manager
- Accredited or experienced coach and mentor
- Proven track record of putting forward innovative HR business strategies and positively influencing corporate culture
- Ability to influence without authority
- Resilient and able to initiate and manage health challenge
- Ability to both identity and implement best practice HR solutions
- Effective at multi-tasking, project managing with change management skills
- Growth mindset with the aspiration to constantly grow and evolve
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.