Job description / Role
• Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies, system design development and maintenance;
• Ensure secure, reliable and effective telecommunications facilities also in emergency settings and provide advisory support to safeguard and protect system for business continuity.
• Manages hardware and software packages and efficient networks administration;
• ICT infrastructure budgeting, procurement and asset control;
• Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
• Full compliance with corporate information management and technology standards,
• Guidelines and procedures for the technology environment.
• Implementation of ICT infrastructure projects in accordance with the company methods.
• Analysis of the requirement and elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
• Coordinates with outsourced company developers about the requirements to the system changes/ development, discussing technical issues and getting the solution as per agreed contracts.
• Conduct of market research and analysis, and introduction of new technology for system updating and improvement.
• Development and update of the ICT Infrastructure annual plan and road map.
• Keeping abreast of technology industry trends and developments, and implementing upgrades or enhancements to meet business’ needs.
• Providing advice and expertise on ICT operational, tactical and strategic planning and co-ordination.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, or equivalent;
• Office and project management professional training;
• Experience managing IT infrastructure technologies;
• At least 6 years of directly relevant professional experience;
• Experience or certification as project management is a welcome plus.
• Microsoft Office 365 and associated Microsoft cloud services
• Microsoft Azure
• Microsoft SharePoint 2013 (on line)
• Microsoft Active Directory (GPO, DFS, groups management…)
• SharePoint Server 2016
• Microsoft Windows server 2008 and 2012
• Microsoft Windows 7 to 10
• Skype for Business deployment and management
• Wan/Lan management (VPN, Vlan’s, DNS services, IP addressing, routing)
• Proven record of delivering results and understanding of customer service principles;
• Web architecture expertise
• Cloud hosting technology solutions (AWS, Azure, other)
About the Company
Education 1st was first established with an aim to provide exceptional teaching staff in schools. The company was founded by the CEO, Zen Kahn, a committed educationalist in both the UK and Middle East, working as a Senior Leader in schools, she identified the need to set up a professional and personalised educational recruitment company which aims specifically at providing ambitious teachers and leaders to the right type of school.
Education has changed over time and schools are of differing types, sizes and have their own organisational culture which identifies their core purposes, any candidate applying for a school must have the appropriate skills set, personality and attributes for that particular type of school. This idea will alleviate the transient nature of staffing, improve staff morale, help provide a better sustainable school improvement and ultimately improve the level of education of students in the schools that we work with.
Education 1st operates from a number of countries, our consultants in the UK, USA, Canada, UAE and Australia will work closely with candidates with an aim to support them during their application process. Having our team strategically placed in countries where most of our candidates will be sourced allows us to ensure we understand the calibre of our candidates, we are then able to provide specialist advice to ensure they are recommended to the school which requires such a candidate. Our passion and enthusiasm for what we do, coupled with our ability to respond and adapt swiftly to clients' makes us a cut above.
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Global IT Service Desk
|Abu Dhabi||10 Dec|
Al Baraka Construction
IT Support Analyst for a Major Retail Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE