Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking to appoint Inspectors (Mechanical/Electrical) for one of our projects in Kuwait (site based). The candidate will be responsible for the day to day inspection and supervision of the Contractor’s works.
• Inspect and record the construction works carried out by the contractor on site and resolve the site generated issues.
• Ensure performance of the work carried out accordance with the drawings and specification.
• Involved in supervising and Inspection of ‘additional works.
• Process the joint measurement forms and maintain the records of their status.
• Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-built plans
• Make special notes and document the contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
• Check all form works, Job order, IR. Etc.
• Follow the project specifications during inspection work.
• Adhere to safe working methods and report to Senior Engineer for any activity on site.
• Responsible to check the `Day work records submitted by contractor
• Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical/electrical works. (i.e. building services mechanical) installation of pumps, HVAC, piping, fire protection, etc
• Good experience on final acceptance criteria of the quality of work.
• Knowledge of inspection test plans and procedures.
• Work experience with consultants for Inspection of total construction activities on site.
• Familiar with use of computer languages – Microsoft office and Auto Cad.
• Experience in Kuwait and with transferable visas; candidates based in Kuwait will be preferred
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.