Job description / Role
Job Title: Lead Architect – Hospital
DETAILED ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Project RE & ARE and top management in formulating plans to guide the architectural tasks in the respective project
• Conduct supervision responsibilities in adherence to guidelines as indicated in the client’s Supervision Manual; ensure that supervision guidelines are being adhered to by site architects at all times
• Review and assess contractors’ and subcontractors’ pre-qualifications, inspect their showrooms, workshop/factory as and when required
• Make recommendations to the Resident Engineer regarding the selection and approval of sub-contractors in coordination with and through consultations with owner/client representatives
• Review and understand all project contract documents (drawings, shop drawings, composite coordinate service shop drawings, specifications, contract documents etc.); coordinate with other site architects and engineers before construction activities commence
• Notify the Resident Engineer of any discrepancies identified against contract documents in order for corrective action to be taken
• Assist in resolving any issues raised by contractors (e.g. requirements for time extensions, change order requests, variations etc); make recommendations to the Resident Engineer as appropriate
• Review related items within the contractor’s construction schedule (CCS) in coordination with the Planning Engineer (e.g. shop drawing submittal log, procurement schedule, and material submittal log etc.) prior to its approval by the Resident Engineer
• Review related construction materials, technical data and material and finishes samples submitted by contractors; ensure compliance with ministerial requirements and technical specifications.
• Attend various off-site inspections including out of country inspection for review of specific material/samples, mock-ups, testing, etc. as per the contract document
• Inspect related procured construction materials delivered to the site, to ensure compliance with ministerial requirements and specifications/contract documents/approvals
• Ensure that all materials delivered on site are being adequately stored and protected as per manufacturer’s recommendations in order to avoid damage of materials
• Ensure the maintaining of onsite quality control (e.g. through thorough testing of materials and verifying of materials, adequate storage of materials, contractor’s submittal of written undertakings, warranty and protection of installed systems etc.)
• Contribute to managing the health and safety of all on-site personnel; report any observed safety violations to the Resident Engineer and/or Safety Inspector (if available)
• Attend meetings (e.g. progress meetings, coordination and specially called meetings with clients etc.) as and when required.
• Lead in resolving design and technical coordination issues with Finishes, Structure, Electro-mechanical, landscape, etc. on the project.
• Approve Minutes of Meetings prepared by the Contract Administrator for comments made by self
• Participate in preparing progress reports and in verifying costs related matters in order to finalize monthly payment certificates
• Ensure that the contractor's submittals to local ministries are carried out in a timely manner as specified in contract documents
• Lead the snagging procedure after substantial completion of construction activities have ended; ensure that a snag list is prepared based on defective/outstanding works for the contractor to rectify, repair and complete for re-inspection.
• Review related as-built drawings provided by contractors prior to their submittal to local ministries for approval and for final construction record purposes
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture - From an accredited educational institution
• Masters Degree in Architecture is preferred
• Certification/Membership of Kuwait Society of Engineers
• Membership of American Institute of Architects
• Membership of Royal Institutes of British Architects
• 10-16 years and as an Architect, 5-7 of which should be as a Senior Site Architect, and 2-4 years as Lead Architect.
• Knowledge of Construction Industries/Building including Health and Safety related International Standards and Codes, plus those applicable and adopted by government of Kuwait
• Knowledge of national/local ministerial regulations, standards and performance criteria
• CADD - practice and knowledge of major CAD applications
• Knowledge of Contract Documents, Architectural and Supervision agreements, fundamental understanding of the principles of contract and administration
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.