Lead Design Engineer - Process Safety
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Co-ordination of specified tasks within the process engineering discipline.
- Responsible for the progress and quality of assigned tasks within the process area, including the supervision of engineers and graduates.
- To ensure all work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contracts specification and ensure all work is carried out within agreed schedules, budgets and procedures.
- Management, technical execution and completion of engineering assigned tasks in a specific process discipline area.
- Assisting the project engineers in the co-ordination and preparation of input into the contract documents for each discipline area, including design criteria, scope of work, procedures and design approach.
- Design Estimates
- Production and checking of design documents and drawings
- Production and approval of PFDs, EFDs, MSDs, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Data Sheets, calculations and system modelling and simulation.
- Working to and using the company management systems.
- Ensuring compliance to company, client, local and international standards as given in the project PEP etc.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
Supervision, Team Leadership, Estimating, Conceptual Design, Drawing Production, Calculation, Computing, Modelling, Simulation, Graphical Presentation, Communication in English.
- B Eng (Hons) Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent to qualify for corporate membership of IChemE or IEAust.
- At least 15 years total post-graduation experience
- At least 8 years direct process engineering post graduation experience in the Oil and Gas industry, offshore and onshore or related petrochemicals industry.
- At least 5 years experience in as Lead Design Engineer - Process.
- At least 3 years experience with the software for the automation of the specialty.
- Excellent computer skills with AutoCAD or Microstation, excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, ability to create accurate design drawings from base project information, reporting, estimating and supervision skills
- Experience with 3D modelling systems such as PDS. PDMS or AutoPlant.
- Experience with advanced engineering design and data systems such as SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Foundation, SmartPlant Instrumentation, SmartPlant
- Extensive experience in conceptual and detailed design of Oil and Gas/petrochemicals facilities and process equipment. Computer skills particularly in the use of process simulation package such as HYSYS and PRO/11 and in commercial software including databases, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.