Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Implement and manage mobile finance services.
Responsible for all services related mobile payment, remittance, and financial services.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Drive the implementation and delivery of Mobile Wallet Services strategic and financial objectives by driving usage penetration and improvement of operational performance to meet consumer satisfaction and the overall business strategy.
- Responsible for writing product briefs and liaising with the partners who develop the service, which used in the different Company portals and applications.
- Merchant integrations, Bank Integrations and payment solutions.
- Acquiring new partners to increase transactional revenues
- KYC & Data Warehouse: Archiving of registered customers.
- Drive rigorously Go to Market excellence from concept to launch and all through product lifecycle.
- Leading a full agile team of product owners responsible for the launch and maintaining of the MFS products and services across channels.
- Understand cross business needs and identify opportunities for new and existing product enhancements
- Review new technologies and initiates MFS to keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
- Deal with banks, remittance, app developers central bank to launch the product
- Collect content for the Company is various VAS applications as per feedback from Sales and the Product Marketing teams.
- Ensure that relevant and related content is collected and dispatched to Technology for upload into the appropriate portal or media.
- Day-to-day review of the Company's WAP portal to ensure that content is correct, relevant and current.
- Identify local infotainment trends for content development.
- Negotiate with local content suppliers from start to finish (i.e. identifying new suppliers, choosing content, finalizing contracts etc.).
- Implement content through liaison with Product Marketing, Technology, Operations, etc. teams for this purpose as required.
- Work as part of the any project team formed which is dedicated to the implementation of a Wireless Service to achieve the predetermined project targets.
- Liaise with Business Intelligence to develop and analyze customer data and market intelligence.
- Manage the MFS outsource aggregators.
- Responsible for revenue and cost Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Contribute to the motivation of junior staff, providing day-to-day assistance where necessary.
- Other duties as directed by leader.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in either Marketing, Digital Marketing or relevant field
- Required 5-6 years of experience based on progression ladder directly related experience in Marketing.
- At least 3 years of experience in a financial institution and or a telecommunications industry
- Experience in business through digital banking channels preferred (Wallet / UPI / Digital Banking/ Internet Banking, mobile banking, Payments)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Central Bank rules and regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of payment ecosystem
- Good knowledge of MFS (Mobile Financial Service) products, business modelling, current trends, market dynamics and customer needs.
- Good knowledge with MFS technology and technical platforms.
- Experience in mobile/internet content editing.
- Understanding of APP/Web/WAP/API Portal Creation and process of updating the content on the same (content production, content deployment, operations, alliances, content release planning)
- Understanding of telecom finance services, telecom mobile wallet, content operations, vendor management, and Key Account Management
- Overall knowledge of mobile networks, CCBS, VAS platforms.
- Experience in the Product Development process.
- Knowledge of available technical solutions in the market and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding the future and trends in mobile technology.
- Understanding the process of balancing cost versus technology.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English. Arabic language.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Manager, Strategic Program Management
|Kuwait City||12 Oct|
Manager/ Service Excellence
Etisalat - UAE
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
Global Business Network (GlobNet)