Job description / Role
VAC7940 - Manager Product Development
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
• Lead the development for all Postpaid and Loyalty related products and promotions roadmap. Ensure the right product market implementation on the Product Experience guidelines, timelines, product health and quality. Act as a product experience owner for all Postpaid and loyalty related products
• Act as interpreter between business and technology department.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
• Lead and execute the most appropriate development strategy for the respective product, according to the business objectives.
• Ensure the best level of product quality.
• To be the single point of contact between marketing and technology.
• Developing and implementing the Postpaid and loyalty products working with all departments to execute.
• Lead development efforts to meet product design and launch timelines while providing product and validation data in accordance with defined project scope.
• Identify, design and develop effective and engaging health and wellness products that support corporate quality, service and revenue goals.
• Initiate the final requirement for the product/promotions to be taken forward for development based on the scope.
• Analysis the health of all existing and new Postpaid and loyalty product/promotions.
• Circulate and get Sign-offs on PDD's.
• Approve RFBT and TFRS from the PD team.
• Have strong focus on the development of the services product portfolio
• Handover product from PD team in ready to launch phase after passing the UAT and get approval to launch.
• Ensure necessary support to technology team is given E.g. notification, menu structure, billing priority etc. This requires to be done with consultation with segment team who is leading the product.
• Maintenance of product road map
• Creation of product requirement documents, product specifications and other technical documents in partnership with various cross functional teams.
• Follow priority directives from management, as well as establishing the most efficient priorities for individual work-load.
• Evaluation and resolution of technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues
• Working with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy
• Lead and approve business cases and Engagement Documents (ED) for new product launches as well as for existing offerings.
• Lead and approve Product Description Documents (PDD) for the Product Development team for technical implementation.
• Define the business rules for the whole Postpaid and loyalty offers (new products and services and loyalty offerings)
• Define along with the PD team state of the art customer experience for all products and services
• Define Digital products and influence their development via new and existing platforms Develop post launch process and take corrective actions, share best practices and learning to insure the efficiency and the quality of any launch.
• Monitor and report product technical health post launch.
• Monitor quality of acquisition and work closely with Voice & data specialist to ensure any acquisition related product is closely analyzed.
• Foster strong relationships with internal and external resources. Engage with different functional teams and business units (in order to drive business success and optimization.
• Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
• Other duties as reporting directed by the line manager or other top management members.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Bachelor degree in either Business, Marketing, engineering or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
• Project Management certification is an advantage
• Strong analytical skills & project management Skills.
• Sales skill preferable
• Knowledge of the GSM, LTE & emerging mobile services and products and overall knowledge of Product Life Cycles
• Presentation skills.
• Communication skills.
• MS Office
• Demonstrated acumen in understanding the industry and its trends.
• Knowledge of telecommunications products and services.
• Good technical knowledge in systems used by telecom
• At least 3 years of marketing and product experience
• 1+ year supervisory and coaching experience required but not mandatory.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to lead in matrix environments and on informal basis.
• Strong leadership and comfortable around higher management.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Analytical & Insight skills
• Experience creating presentations / reports and present to top management.
• Innovative and creative thinker.
• Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
• Fluent verbal and written communication English. Arabic is a must.
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.