United Steel Industrial Company
Job description / Role
• Working with the use of workshop equipment such as milling machines and lathes
• Setting up and adjusting machine tools and equipment
• Constructing and assembling mechanical systems
• Liaising with clients in job execution, if required
• Strictly adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures, including the use of the appropriate protective clothing
• Carrying out the construction of structural components according to the plan on blueprints
• Examining structural systems with attention to local and state building codes
• Overseeing structural systems and ensuring that they are maintained regularly.
• Teamwork, as a mechanical fitter may be required to collaborate with other fitters on larger projects
• Problem-solving skills, which enable a mechanical fitter to solve and repair system issues efficiently and effectively
• Adequate knowledge of system structures and how to troubleshoot systems by utilizing the knowledge of how the system was designed to perform
• Mechanical skills, which enable a mechanical fitter to understand which tools to use and how they should be used
• Profound knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software, as this is required to create and read blueprints
• A High School diploma with several years of experience as a professional or as an apprentice.
About the Company
The United Steel Industrial Company (Kuwait Steel) is a private Kuwaiti Closed Shareholding Industrial Company that was established in the year 1996. Kuwait Steel is headquartered in Kuwait, a Middle Eastern country situated along the Arabian Peninsula, which is a prime, diverse and auspicious environment, full of opportunities and capacity for corporate growth. Predominantly, we strive to manufacture and deliver a wide range of value-added steel products to serve the expanding steel market, locally and at a global scale. Throughout the years, Kuwait Steel has become partners with a wide range of industries and sectors, including construction, industrial, oil and gas companies, with the aim of promoting sustainable development and growth. The company has been founded on the aspiration to deliver and produce high-quality steel products, made possible through innovative research, and to ensure present-day society manages to resolve current needs without having to compromise the demands and requirements needed for the future generation.
We pride ourselves in operating in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, reliability and most importantly, consistency, which ensures that we achieve, sustain and maintain trust and integrity in the steel industry, without compromising our high standards in delivering customers' steel needs.
Although Kuwait has relied on oil as its main source of income, recently, the objective and aim of the government has been to transform and diversify the economy by becoming less reliant on oil, making this the ideal opportunity for the steel industry to thrive within an attractive and exciting business environment for Kuwait Steel.