Job description / Role
RELOCATION OPPORTUNITY! This franchise operator based in the Middle-East has over 50 brands within fashion, beauty & food. They have an ever-growing portfolio of brands and currently looking to add to their senior leadership team.
This Buying & Merchandising Director will look after the selection buying, merchandising and strategy for the multi-brand operation, leading a team of 25-30 people.
Your roles and responsibilities of this Merchandise Director include-
• Full P&L responsibility within the Business Unit throughout the GCC region.
• Accountable for strategy, planning, buying, merchandising and trading of the brands and representing the business.
• Being the prime interface with the host brand.
• Set the Buying & Merchandising strategy as part of the wider retail strategy on product launches, intake of stock and availability, stock turn, sales and out of stocks.
• Lead the strategic brand development and business planning, whilst delivering optimum ongoing sales.
• To perform significantly ahead of plan across all main KPI’s including sales, margin and profit contribution through an effective trading stance and cost control.
• Planning promotions and sales & working closely with the Operating Board
• Provide strategic and operational leadership to the Merchandising & Buying team
• Accountable for the full business buying, stock intake, OTB & margins.
• Contributed to the growth of the retail, concession, wholesale and ecomm channels also.
To be considered for this Buying & Merchandise Director role
• You must be a Buying & Merchandising Director or Head of Merchandising/Buying ready to make the next step up
• Past or current Apparel experience, ideally from a multi- product environment likes a department store background would be desirable
• This role will looking after both Buying & Merchandising but will have a Merchandising bias.
• If you have worked in the Middle-East or for another franchise partner this would be desirable
• Have been instrumental in the wider strategy of the business
• Is a clear communicator with board exposure/experience
• Have led a team through businesses changes
The Benefits of this Merchandise Director include-
• Tax-free salary
• Expat lifestyle
• Private Medical Insurance
• All other allowances as part of the fixed salary
• Flights home annuals
• Holiday Allowance
• Ongoing Training & Development
• Discounts across all brands
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
B&S World Supply
Retail Operations Manager - Fragrance, Perfume & Cosmetics
Area Retail Manager – Luxury Brand
General Manager - Food Service
A Leading Food & Beverage Distribution Company Based In Dubai
Business Development & Trade Marketing - FMCG