Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Provide technical support (Level 1 and 2-when needed and Level 3) on all DC products and solutions. This includes after hours on-call support.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Manage technical escalations and provide 3rd level technical support on all IDC (Internet Data Centre) products and solutions. This includes outside working hours and days on-call support which may require extensive after-hours work, remotely and onsite, including nights, weekends and official holidays to resolve critical problems and/or deliver high priority projects and/or perform maintenance on critical system and network components
- Fine tuning of the tools and introduction of new products/tools for the NOC
- Manage capacity and growth of the NOC and IDC infrastructures
- Plan and implement the overall platforms and infrastructure security
- Assist in other activities and projects as needed
- Plan, design and implement customer and IDC (Internet Data Centre/NOC projects, upgrades and their operations support.
- Implementation and project management of new customer projects
- Take leadership role and help the L2 and L1 engineers with their work and assignments
- Assist in Quality assurance
- Attend Operations and B2B division meetings as required.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Attend Training Programs, Courses, Seminars, conferences, vendor meetings, User Groups and presentations.
- Other duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Information and Communication Technologies (Networks, Systems, Security, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in configuring, supporting, and managing Cisco and Juniper devices: routers, switches, firewalls
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in system administration and management of various Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, and Unix) and Virtualization (VMware)
- Advanced experience in planning and designing networks and systems
- Systematic and process/procedures oriented with good troubleshooting skills
- Good experience in Project Management, PMP or Prince2 is a must
- Excellent customer/partner relationship skills
- Good communication skills in English. Arabic is an advantage
- Ability to perform well under high pressure within customer and partner premises/environment Computer and Communications Engineering Degree or equivalent
- System/Network/ITIL certifications are a must Strong experience in each area described in "Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge"
- System/Network/ITIL certifications are a must.
- Strong experience in each area described in "Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
- Computer and Communications Engineering Degree or equivalent
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Officer Planning Support - Mobile Optimization
Wireless Engineer / Fast Telco Subsidiary
|Kuwait City||16 Jan|
Senior Engineer Telecom IP & Transmission Planning
|Kuwait City||12 Feb|
Technical Officer - IPTV
Specialist Solutions - Managed Infrastructure