Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become.
Find your future with Worley
• Management, control, coordination, and supervision services as well as assistance for the assigned project inclusive of budget formulation, cost control and quality assurance.
• Management of support services for supervising and directing engineering, procurement and management of construction contractors appointed by the Client.
• Management of services for Oil & Gas production activities including start-up and initial operations assistance as well as operational personnel and systems as required by the Client.
• Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects such as FEED (front end engineering design) studies and preparation, ITB (invitation to bid) check estimate preparation, LSTK (lump sum turnkey) tender package preparation are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
• Act as primary technical coordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
• Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
• HSE Management
• Maintains HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements included in design and procurement.
• Client Relationships
• Maintains and builds healthy client relationships.
• Proactively resolves performance, scope, and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
• Identifies, documents, communicates, and meets the client's requirements
• Commercial Management
• Effectively manages assigned budgets within Worley total scope.
• Scope Management
• Compliance with WPMP (WorleyParsons Project Management Plan)
• Compliance with requirements of the contract.
• Effective change control process application.
• Achievement of claims mitigation and claims management if appropriate.
• Time Management
• Contributes to the development of overall project schedule.
• Supervises work in accordance with the approved schedule
• Cost Control
• Monitors cost aspects of the project within direct control to forecast final costs, identifies trends and takes action to avoid cost overruns.
• Promotes implementation of VIP (value improving practices) on the assigned project to achieve overall effectiveness of the use of capital on projects.
• Quality Management
• Contributes to compliance with WorleyParsons policies and procedures.
• Strong working knowledge of WorleyParsons engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
• Team Management
• Focuses team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
• Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems, and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
• Communications Management
• Regularly provides clear reports to project management.
• Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
• Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Projects Manager and the Client Team Leader.
• Superior presentation skills.
• Risk Management
• Monitors the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
• Design Management
• Sets clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
• Ensures design team aware of, and complies with, applicable regulations and codes.
• Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
• Procurement/Subcontracts Management
• Assesses procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
• Technical and Industry Experience
• Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group.
Who you are?
You are an individual who is self-motivated, proactive, and works well with a team.
You will be seen as the Subject matter specialist for the resolution of issues arising across all areas of the job and be able to clearly explain complex processes that surround the role.
We expect you to ensure the integrity of the work and that all work is carried-out in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
We expect you to mentor of less experienced members of staff including 'hands on' approach to the formulation and delivery of training programs for local Kuwaiti personnel.
Preferred Qualification(s) and/or Experience
• You will possess an Engineering Degree - any discipline from an accredited college or recognized university; this is an essential contractual requirement.
• You will have work experience within the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry.
• You will have proven track record of managing and leading teams for large sized projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
• You will have work experience in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait , The Kingdom of Bahrain , The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia , The Sultanate of Oman , The State of Qatar , and The United Arab Emirates . This is a preferred but not mandatory requirement.
• You will have strong grasp of procedural requirements & necessity of providing an Audit Trail for Management purposes.
• You will have experience working with general office software; If you have any engineering software experience, your profile will be given first preference.
• You will have the ability to interact effectively with people of all nationalities & cultures while using clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas; an individual with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of relationship(s) on a sustainable and long-term basis.
• You will demonstrate an ability to lead/coach/mentor colleagues and/or staff.
• You will have the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills as well as manage multiple priorities.
• You will be willing to engage and manage clients as required by the needs of the business and if deemed necessary by the Worley management .
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.