Project Manager (Area Manager)
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become.
Find your future with Worley
- Management, control, coordination and supervision services as well as assistance for the assigned project inclusive of budget formulation, cost control and quality assurance.
- Management of support services for supervising and directing engineering, procurement and management of construction contractors appointed by the Client.
- Management of services for Oil & Gas production activities including start-up and initial operations assistance as well as operational personnel and systems as required by the Client.
- Reports to the Line Manager and is authorized to deputize for him during his absence with a proven track record of managing multi-projects in general and Design & Engineering and Construction function in particular, in the oil and gas industry.
- Is responsible for developing the overall strategy for soil remediation in the assigned areas, it includes contracting strategies and management of contractors.
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects such as FEED (front end engineering design) studies and preparation, ITB (invitation to bid) check estimate preparation, LSTK (lump sum turnkey) tender package preparation are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical coordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Maintains HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements included in design and procurement.
- Maintains and builds healthy client relationships.
- Proactively resolves performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Identifies, documents, communicates and meets the client's requirements
- Effectively manages assigned budgets within Worleys' total scope.
- Compliance with WPMP (Worley Project Management Plan)
- Compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Effective change control process application.
- Achievement of claims mitigation and claims management if appropriate.
- Contributes to the development of overall project schedule.
- Supervises work in accordance with the approved schedule
- Monitors cost aspects of the project within direct control to forecast final costs, identifies trends and takes action to avoid cost overruns.
- Promotes implementation of VIP (value improving practices) on the assigned project to achieve overall effectiveness of the use of capital on projects.
- Contributes to compliance with Worley policies and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of Worley engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
- Focuses team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Regularly provides clear reports to project management.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Projects Manager and the Client Team Leader.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Monitors the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Sets clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
- Ensures design team aware of, and complies with, applicable regulations and codes.
- Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Assesses procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
Who you are:
- You are an individual who is self-motivated, proactive, and works well with a team.
- You will be seen as the Subject matter specialist for the resolution of issues arising across all areas of the job and be able to clearly explain complex processes that surround the role.
- We expect you to ensure the integrity of the work scope and that all work is carried-out in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- We expect you to mentor of less experienced members of staff including 'hands on' approach to the formulation and delivery of training programs for local Kuwaiti personnel.
Preferred Qualification(s) and/or Experience :
- You will possess either an engineering degree and/or an equivalent diploma from an accredited college or university. This is an essential contractual requirement.
- You will have a minimum of Fifteen (15) years of total minimum work experience post qualification within the Oil & Gas or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects. Upstream onshore experience is preferred.
- You will have a minimum of Five (5) years of work experience in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
- You must have work experience working within PMC projects in the above-mentioned industries.
- You will have experience working with advanced engineering tools, data systems & other general office / engineering software will be given first preference.
- You will have the ability to interact effectively with people of all nationalities & cultures while using clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas. An individual with excellent communication and people skills, a consummate developer of relationship(s) on a sustainable and long-term basis.
- You will have broad based knowledge of the requirements for process engineering through all phases of project life cycle, from FEED through to Commissioning, within Oil & Gas or related industries.
- You will demonstrate an ability to lead/coach/mentor colleagues and/or staff.
- You will have the ability to work under tight time constraints with excellent time management and planning skills as well as manage multiple priorities.
- You will be willing to engage and manage clients as required by the needs of the business and if deemed necessary by the Worley management .
- You will have worked on Environmental and/or soil remediation projects .
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.