Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A two-year college degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
To describe the essential duties, responsibilities, and pertinent requirements for the APS-5 Kuwait Quality Auditor II position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of audits to include process, ISO system, performance work statement compliance, and special audits as required.
- Responsible for the entire audit process consisting of review of audit criteria, development of audit plans and checklists, performance of audit with process owners and other stakeholders, analysis of audit results, and development of audit reports consisting of audit findings, conclusions, and if appropriate, opportunities for improvement.
- Provides training and guidance to Internal Auditor staff as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in
compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Effectively plan and organize assigned work.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of direct experience as a quality auditor on a related program.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems requirements.
- Understand the types of audit risks and opportunities associated with auditing and principles of the risk-based approach to auditing.
- Collect information through effective interviewing, listening, observing, and reviewing documented information, including records and data.
- Understand the appropriateness and consequences of using sampling techniques for auditing.
- Verify the relevance and accuracy of collected information.
- Document audit activities, audit findings, conclusions, and prepare reports.
Certification, License & Clearance:
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification is preferred.
- American Society of Quality Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) is highly preferred.
- US Citizenship is required .
- Secret Security Clearance required.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.