Job description / Role
The R&M JAR Technician's primary role will be to assemble, disassemble rental equipment as well as assemble downhole drilling tools and PBL (circulation equipment) as per work instructions. The individual will also assist senior workshop personnel in the preparation and testing of Thru-Tubing equipment. They will be expected to follow a specified learning plan that will include various computer-based learning modules as well as classroom training. During this phase, they may take on miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Supervisor. The individual applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform tasks strictly in accordance to Weatherford OEPS standards. They will receive close supervision, and thorough review of all work performed for application of sound professional judgment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
• Has responsibility for providing "hands-on" technical support to the production, and repair of equipment and/or tools.
• In shop environment, receives field tools, takes them apart, repairs and refurbishes tool to go back to the field using blueprints, manuals, following protocols.
• Primarily activity is at workshop, troubleshooting, repairing, refurbishing, implementing mandatory modifications and executing and/or planning preventive and corrective maintenance of field equipment and tools, helping to mitigate assets related non-productive time and improve overall field service delivery performance.
• The individual may be required to attend a client location to perform his/her duties whenever an R&M task is deemed necessary to carry over a field operation.
• Following Direct Supervisor Instructions for any other tasks within the company safety policy and business practices.
• Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
• Should have at least 2-3+ years workshop experience including the following:
• Experience in PBL Subs (circulation equipment).
• Experience dealing with breakout/makeup/torque machines.
• Experience with repair and maintenance for daily JARs (Fishing and Drilling).
• Experience with repair and maintenance for Bowen/NOV/Logan JARs.
• Experience in repair and maintenance for all impact tools (shock tools, pumper subs, supper jars etc).
• Must have good communication skills – English spoken and written.
• Arabic and Indian language skills will be an advantage.
• Basic computer skills are required.
• High School Diploma is required.
About the Company
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.