Job description / Role
As an Executive Chef, you will lead & run the entire F&B staff restaurant in its day to day aspect of food preparation and service operation (Food planning, quality control, directs all the F&B and associated activities throughout the vessel either personally or through subordinate managers and supervisors).
The ideal candidate must have a formal culinary education, advanced culinary and artistic skills, knowledge of modern cooking methods and at least 10 + years of practical experience on a cruise ship or 5-star hotel, canteens or high-volume food service venue.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for the entire F&B operation front and back of house including catering
* Ensuring professional production and distribution of all meals for guest in accordance with company standards, menu cycle and recipes
* Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality
* Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
* Organization and execution of F&B related functions and extraordinary events (e.g. Meeting, Welcome / Farewell)
* Ensuring food safety, highest level of cleanliness in the galley and production areas always in accordance with Alshaya QA standards.
* Ordering of all food supplies according to production planning
* Supervision, motivation and training of the multi-national galley staff.
* Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets.
* Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
* Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedure.
* Active participation in gallery functions, socializing with guests during meal time.
* Culinary school degree or approved certification
* Expert in International and Mediterranean cuisine.
* Culinary skills and a flair for food quality; flavor, portion, plating, garnish, innovation, cost. food safety well versed on upscale casual trends/market
* 10+ years progressive managerial experience on a cruise ship or 5-star hotel, canteens or high-volume food service venue.
* Strong managerial skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
* The job required a high level of creativity or food development
* Working knowledge of computers and basic software products
* Must be able to plan, organize and complete work tasks and meet time deadlines
* Candidates must prosses the ability to manage international staff in a positive and productive manner
* Good command of the English language (both spoken and written)
* HACCP certification is required
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world's most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria's Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya's stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.